GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We will sue you if you download Music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/10/04 at 15:55
Regular
Says the BPI.

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3722428.stm[/URL]

Is there any real reason for this? They'll take one person out, but you can guarantee that another will come along and share files as normal...
Thu 07/10/04 at 15:55
Regular
Says the BPI.

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3722428.stm[/URL]

Is there any real reason for this? They'll take one person out, but you can guarantee that another will come along and share files as normal...
Thu 07/10/04 at 15:56
Regular
I don't trust this topic. Mwah.
Thu 07/10/04 at 16:02
Regular
I just downloaded Eminem's new tune, it's not gonna stop me from buying the album in Novemeber though.

Stupid old git in the picture, like he's bother about new artists.
Thu 07/10/04 at 16:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Are the BPI intentionally stupid? I thought the ability to download music was helping the music industry, as people can experience different types of music they wouldn’t normally listen to.

Sounds to me like the BPI have loaded their gun and are ready to shoot themselves in the foot, though they can hardly blame people for downloading songs when cheeky girls and busted are allowed to roam the charts.
Thu 07/10/04 at 16:30
Yeah, sueing your customers is never the best way to get support.
Thu 07/10/04 at 16:35
Regular
"Bearer of Death"
Whats the point in that? People are just going to rebel against it and do it more and more! or copy cds
Thu 07/10/04 at 18:47
Regular
i would also point out that music downloading also encourages attendance of gigs, both through learning of new bands, genres and obviously additional affluence amongst music fans. Touring is more profitable for the bands but the music labels want their cd sales.
Thu 07/10/04 at 19:41
Regular
I don't know why people complain about this.

Whatever you want to use to try and justify it, it is illegal.
Thu 07/10/04 at 19:42
Regular
"8==="
So's re-selling CD's etc but you don't see Ebay going down.
Thu 07/10/04 at 19:48
Regular
*shrug*

I don't care. People break the law in small ways all the time without fear of being done for it, but if they do start cracking down you just have to accept it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.