GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We will sue you if you download Music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/10/04 at 15:55
Regular
Says the BPI.

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3722428.stm[/URL]

Is there any real reason for this? They'll take one person out, but you can guarantee that another will come along and share files as normal...
Mon 11/10/04 at 07:38
Regular
A lot of tracks I download are purely for try-before-you-buy purposes, resulting in me buying the Album on which they feature.

But then the other lot are simply because I know the albums would suck and it's the one track that I like. I should probably pay for them, but I can't really be bothered paying for a song I'll be bored of in a few weeks.

Stuff like Kanye West - College Dropout is still in my CD player in the car, on my iPod and on iTunes. All because I downloaded 'Through The Wire' ages ago.
Mon 11/10/04 at 01:05
Regular
"8==="
Crazy thing is unless they are allowed to search your house and document your music collection you could just buy the CD's and say you downloaded them because downloading via broadband is now faster than CD ripping/backup to your comp.
Sun 10/10/04 at 23:54
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
why cant things in life be free anymore? Theres too much control in this country and it makes people out of control (well thats my excuse for illegal downloading)
Sun 10/10/04 at 23:51
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I have downloaded a song before which i really liked, and it tempted me to buy the album. This has happened on several occasions which I think is a good point of downloading songs. However some people just go overboard and download entire catalogs of CDs
Sun 10/10/04 at 22:36
Regular
"That's right!"
They're suing the people sharing the files? Can they really prove in court that that person didn't buy every one of those CDs and is simply giving them away to others for free? That's like trying to sue someone who sets up a stall and says "Take my CDs"
Sun 10/10/04 at 22:24
Regular
"8==="
UrkiE-UK wrote:
>
> It's BECAUSE of the increasing file-sharing that they've jacked up
> the prices.

Yes file-sharing was bad when the White Album first came out. :S
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:39
Regular
Puddleface wrote:
> Who hasnt downloaded music, or watched pirated films??? i mean they
> cant sue all of us can they? I think its a "natural"
> payback for the ridiculous high prices the music industry charges.

It's BECAUSE of the increasing file-sharing that they've jacked up the prices. It's just a case of the scales tipping further and further.
Sun 10/10/04 at 20:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Peter Venkman wrote:

> No Jury or Judge can hold up against the Chewbacca defence.

Very, very true
Sun 10/10/04 at 20:14
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Who hasnt downloaded music, or watched pirated films??? i mean they cant sue all of us can they? I think its a "natural" payback for the ridiculous high prices the music industry charges.
Sun 10/10/04 at 20:11
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
If u look at every industry in existance, they all aim to exploit as much as possible. Its probably because the whole god damn human race is selfish, there aint nothing you can do about that. Its all want want want and never give give give and being completely honest with it.

Sorry about the rant... i totally agree that there are only a handful of songs on some albums you will listen to regularly, therefore downloading is appropriate. todays generation of kids probably wont know what a CD is by the time they get to 12, and computer downloading will be the way forward. The music industry = Extortionate prices. The same goes for computer games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.