GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fifa World Player of the Year award"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/10/04 at 17:43
Are they joking?

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3717770.stm[/URL]

No Gilardino, Ailton, Morientes, Giuly or Maniche.

Owen, Raul, Kahn on it.

How many of those Real players deserve to be on it? Ronaldo and that's it in my opinion.

EDIT: Oh, and no Totti after driving them to second place of Serie A, the only three players that could claim to have but in such great performances are Ronaldinho, Henry and Davids.

If internationals are considered as well as club games, then Adriano and Deco should be considered, if it's just internationals then Zagorakis or Baros, if it's just clubs then Henry, Ronaldinho should be added to the list.

Overall, it should be Adriano though.
Tue 05/10/04 at 17:43
Are they joking?

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3717770.stm[/URL]

No Gilardino, Ailton, Morientes, Giuly or Maniche.

Owen, Raul, Kahn on it.

How many of those Real players deserve to be on it? Ronaldo and that's it in my opinion.

EDIT: Oh, and no Totti after driving them to second place of Serie A, the only three players that could claim to have but in such great performances are Ronaldinho, Henry and Davids.

If internationals are considered as well as club games, then Adriano and Deco should be considered, if it's just internationals then Zagorakis or Baros, if it's just clubs then Henry, Ronaldinho should be added to the list.

Overall, it should be Adriano though.
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:07
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Adriano missing out annoys me.

FIFA are idiots, though.
Tue 05/10/04 at 20:03
He is there, top of the list.
Tue 05/10/04 at 21:25
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
> No Gilardino, Ailton,

Of course...they have made a lot of headlines!!!!!!!

No impact in european competitions at all
Tue 05/10/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Colourless"
I do hope you're not referring to Euro 2004.....
Tue 05/10/04 at 22:21
Regular
Totti would have probably got in there had it not been for the spitting thing.
Tue 05/10/04 at 22:40
Regular
Cristiano Ronaldo wins my vote as the most exciting player of the year.

The best player on the other hand is rather tricky...
Wed 06/10/04 at 11:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Why the heck is Michael Owen in there?!?
Same goes for Roberto Carlos. And Luis Figo - the man clearly out-shone by Ronaldo, Deco and co. in Euro 2004.

No surprise to see Wayne Rooney there, even if he should, theoretically, be in for the "Young Player" award...
Thierry Henry has got the be a big favourite though, if these people watch the Premiership, that is. Now, I know he couldn't carry France anywhere near as far as he did Arsénal, but, if it wasn't for his appearence in the team, Le Gunners would never have come anywhere near smashing Brian Clough's Forest record after taking last season's Premier League by storm.
Then again, he didn't shine at all in Europe, really, did he...

Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard. It's hard to choose between these 2 alone, but I think, for ALL Chelsea almost did last season; the goals he scored and chances he created; Frank Lampard deserves a strong mention - also, for what he gave England in that never-in-a-million-years diamond midfield.

It's still a tough one, when you take out the shouldn't-be's.

Henry. Rooney. Lampard. Gerrard.
Wed 06/10/04 at 12:18
Regular
"Baros!!!"
It's a tough decision to say as a lot of the players have done well. There's only one person who can get it really and that's Henry. Ronaldinho will get the runner-up spot and for 3rd it will be one from: Deco, Ronaldo, Kaka, Larsson, Lampard and maybe Zagorakis.

Not sure who well Zagorakis has done for his club, but he was outstanding for Greece in Euro 2004
Wed 06/10/04 at 12:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Owen's in there? Do these people even watch football. What the hell has he done lately? (Well we know they don't seeing as Blatter didn't even realise Ferdinand was still playing after missing the drugs test until about a month later)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.