GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some DS games."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/01/05 at 19:43
Regular
"Touched!"
I've just won a DS on ebay from DiscoDexy on here (thanks again mate) which I know is dead pixel free and it comes with the metroid demo, but now that it's been out a few weeks what do people think of the games? Most people have gone for Mario, I assume this is still the game to go for?

I'm wanting a few games I can enjoy during *cough* lectures too and something that will last me, so what can you DS owners recommend?
Mon 10/01/05 at 15:49
Regular
"Touched!"
Well I've just picked up Feel the magic for £20f rom Videogamesplus and I'm also bidding on a new/sealed copy of Mario DS (US version) on good old ebay.
Sun 09/01/05 at 22:07
Regular
"tokyo police club"
When I first heard about the DS, the online sections were whaut I was most excited about. Now that I've played it relatively extensively, I don't really care whether it does or not - judging from the launch, I'm going to have a fairly good time rubbing myself.
Sun 09/01/05 at 22:02
Regular
"Touched!"
I hope the DS gets online soon, metroid would rock online via linked games.
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:43
Regular
"tokyo police club"
One Line Puzzle I believe its literal translation is - from what I've seen, it could be the DS' Tetris. Though Edge say differently. the review is online if you want it - I could find a link?

MWA, if you know anyone else with a DS, hunt Metroid down (brillaint pun, yuss). It can be genius in multiplayer. For instance, I stalked my mate around a level for most of the time (which is limited), only for him to turn round with a second left and me to hit him with a missile. Genius.
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:40
"Uzi Lover"
Nope I gave up as I realised no-one wanted to part with their demos of it.

But I still think someone should sell me one.
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Apparently that puzzle game Hokan Chittofude (or whatever) is very good. But it'll all be in Japanese. I don't know what it's called in English.
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:39
Regular
"tokyo police club"
And MWA, did you ever pick up Hunters? I've managed to play some multiplayer and it is quite good (though plain 1 vs 1 can be a simple).

With the work it should be getting before release, it does look like a very attractive game.
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:37
"Uzi Lover"
Mario 64 DS
Feel The Magic

Only decent ones at this time.

Feel the Magic is fun and shows off the DS's capabilities while Mario 64 will last you longer and has some fun mini games.
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:37
Regular
"tokyo police club"
From what I've played of Ridge Racers, it all seems a bit below par - you can hit a car side on and end up behind it due to the crap detection.

Also there's no difficulty curve - it's a cliff instead. The first cup is so easy that you could do it in your sleep, but the second requires you to drive perfectly, and have a bit of luck on top of that.

Still, Feel the Magic... I can't help but continue to talk about its genius.
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
According to people who have it, it's very good, but according to magazines, the controls and the collision detection are a bit iffy. I don't trust it myself, and I don't really want it, but FTM for £16 is a STEAL.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.