GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some DS games."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/01/05 at 19:43
Regular
"Touched!"
I've just won a DS on ebay from DiscoDexy on here (thanks again mate) which I know is dead pixel free and it comes with the metroid demo, but now that it's been out a few weeks what do people think of the games? Most people have gone for Mario, I assume this is still the game to go for?

I'm wanting a few games I can enjoy during *cough* lectures too and something that will last me, so what can you DS owners recommend?
Sun 09/01/05 at 19:43
Regular
"Touched!"
I've just won a DS on ebay from DiscoDexy on here (thanks again mate) which I know is dead pixel free and it comes with the metroid demo, but now that it's been out a few weeks what do people think of the games? Most people have gone for Mario, I assume this is still the game to go for?

I'm wanting a few games I can enjoy during *cough* lectures too and something that will last me, so what can you DS owners recommend?
Sun 09/01/05 at 19:45
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Feel the Magic. Seriously,l it's what Wario Ware was for the Gameboy, only more stylised and by SEGA. If I could only keep one game with my DS, I wouldn't think twice.

you should be able to pick it up from videogamesplus.ca for a sweet £20 or so inc. P&P.
Sun 09/01/05 at 19:50
Regular
Lucky! I have a DS. At the moment I advice:

Mario 64 DS (I got it. Brilliant)
Feel the Magic (apparently it's very good)
Wario Ware: Touched! (Only available in Japan, I advise waitng for USA version)

Titles you should definetly invest in:

Animal Crossing DS
Yoshi's Touch and Go
Viewtiful Joe DS
Mario Kart DS
Snowboard Kids DS (I loved the one on N64)
Another (Adventure by Nintendo, might not get released in the west though)

I think I might have missed out another Nintendo title, but I can't remember
Sun 09/01/05 at 19:55
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
When is the next 'decent' DS game coming out?
Sun 09/01/05 at 19:57
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Feel the Magic is essential if you want any kind of legendary game.

Perfectly suited to the DS, some people have moaned about repeating mini games (which is true) and it being too short, but, in my opinion, Team Sonic could've done little more to make it any better. They cut it off before it got chance to suck, making you long for a sequel.

Hell, I'm playing through it all again on the harder setting just because of how good it is. Oh, and to try and the 'nude' costume for the girl.
Sun 09/01/05 at 19:57
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Ashley_90 wrote:
> When is the next 'decent' DS game coming out?

if you mean US release, then Wario Ware on 14th Feb.
Sun 09/01/05 at 20:30
Regular
"Touched!"
Cheers for that, any idea when Snowboard kids is out? I loved the N64 version, brings back some memories! I hope it supports link up!
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Won't be out for a while, but it should be great.

I'm looking forward to Wario Ware, and then Yoshi's Touch & Go, then Mario Kart, then the new Super Mario Bros game, and who knows what else is coming out I haven't really looked.

I bought Feel The Magic off videogamesplus for £16. Sweet. Should come soon.
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:26
Regular
"Touched!"
Student loan comes in tomorrow, so I'll probably grab Feel the Magic and Mario from VG+, do you ever get charged tax on the games or is it just the system usually?
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:28
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You won't get charged on games because they're only £20. If you're worried about it then get your games from gbax.com, which is based in the UK.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.