GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do Video Games Affect People?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/10/04 at 18:39
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Doing this for an essay for school.
If anyone else is, we should pool our findings.
So far Ive found:
[URL]http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp784772.html[/URL]
[URL]http://culturalpolicy.uchicago.edu/conf2001/papers/goldstein.html[/URL]
[URL]http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/q22000/gee2000425001281.htm[/URL]

Can't find much about them not affecting people. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Tue 05/10/04 at 00:48
Regular
"what's punctuation"
yes vidio games do effect people to the extent that they desensitise people to bad language and maybe even violance but if you follow that argument and blame games for the current state of our society then you have to go back allot further than grandtheft auto

tom and jerry for instance showed several generations of childeren the most hidiouse violance

punch and judy shows before that entertaind kids at the sea side with a man hitting his wife with a stick

did whole generations of children grow up to be psycopaths and wife beaters

well yes they did as a matter of fact but tv violance had only a minimal impact on this (lets face it only a moron can thick it's ok to slaughter people with a cheesegrater because he saw it in a game)

no rather the reason for the decline in morality lies with our goverment taking away power from police , teachers and even parents

we must take responcibility for teachiung our kids right from wrong form an early age and we must make these teachings stick
Tue 05/10/04 at 01:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Hmmm, I may be wrong with this, but, I think violence existed long before computer games. A wild thought I know, to think Humans are capable of barbaric acts to one another without playing Herdy Gerdy to put them in a blind rage in the first place is simply ridiculous.

If you want a serious answer, try asking a serious question. "Do games affect people" pfft, please.
Tue 05/10/04 at 09:43
Regular
"what's punctuation"
remember people

games don't kill people

rappers do
Tue 05/10/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Fake Plastic Tree"
Dr Cheese wrote:
> remember people
>
> games don't kill people
>
> rappers do

i prefer "guns dont kill people, rabbits do"

I mean its true isn't it. Only have to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Tue 05/10/04 at 16:13
Regular
"Indeed"
Lots of things can promote violence. Even magic tricks. A complete fool of a magician once did a trick with a knife infront of kids. All im gonna say is that one boy's sister was buryied with a knife wound through her head a little later on. Sometimes games can just be the easy answer for violence and stupidity etc.
Tue 05/10/04 at 23:41
Regular
"what's punctuation"
Semajál wrote:
> Dr Cheese wrote:
> remember people
>
>
> rappers do
>
> i prefer "guns dont kill people, rabbits do"
>
> I mean its true isn't it. Only have to watch Monty Python and the
> Holy Grail.
i was trying to be funny

i failed

sorry
Wed 06/10/04 at 00:44
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Dr Cheese wrote:
> remember people
>
>
> rappers do

Not wrong there, Dr Cheese.
Wed 06/10/04 at 12:00
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Well, a while back I got Hitman 2. That really gets the mind working as a trainned killer. Not really what the parents want there kids thinking about, you know "how can I get past the guards on the front gate to pop a cap in that mafia bosses ass?" or "If I kill that pizza guy I can nick his uniform & get past the metal detector."
Thu 07/10/04 at 09:42
Regular
"what's punctuation"
and have you shaved your head , had a barcode tattoo'd on your neck and started dealing death to people in return for cash yet then ?
Thu 07/10/04 at 09:50
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
Dr Cheese wrote:
> and have you shaved your head , had a barcode tattoo'd on your neck
> and started dealing death to people in return for cash yet then ?

i now enter a building and silently kill one person then sneak back out without getting caught, hitman was a great training game it really helped improve my skills as an assasin ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.