GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do Video Games Affect People?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/10/04 at 18:39
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Doing this for an essay for school.
If anyone else is, we should pool our findings.
So far Ive found:
[URL]http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp784772.html[/URL]
[URL]http://culturalpolicy.uchicago.edu/conf2001/papers/goldstein.html[/URL]
[URL]http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/q22000/gee2000425001281.htm[/URL]

Can't find much about them not affecting people. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Thu 07/10/04 at 16:37
Regular
Some people lose the control of playing games like me i dont get agressive in games tekken 4 for is great and other action/adventure/racing games but manhunt and hitman shooting games pshycs power games rated (18) are not to be given with out their parents.
Thu 07/10/04 at 10:04
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
i guess it was just me then ;-)
Thu 07/10/04 at 09:55
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
Thanatos wrote:
> Weird thing is, I got so obsessed with Final Fantasy X that I actually
> started dreaming about it, the same thing has happened with various
> other games, it's really freaky.

yes but did u start running into peoples houses looking for items and randomly attack people calling them fiends?
Thu 07/10/04 at 09:53
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Weird thing is, I got so obsessed with Final Fantasy X that I actually started dreaming about it, the same thing has happened with various other games, it's really freaky.

TIP - If you want to have freaky dreams then takes lots of cod liver oil tablets, eat a lot of mature and then watch the original Ring and Battle Royale 1.
Thu 07/10/04 at 09:50
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
Dr Cheese wrote:
> and have you shaved your head , had a barcode tattoo'd on your neck
> and started dealing death to people in return for cash yet then ?

i now enter a building and silently kill one person then sneak back out without getting caught, hitman was a great training game it really helped improve my skills as an assasin ;-)
Thu 07/10/04 at 09:42
Regular
"what's punctuation"
and have you shaved your head , had a barcode tattoo'd on your neck and started dealing death to people in return for cash yet then ?
Wed 06/10/04 at 12:00
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Well, a while back I got Hitman 2. That really gets the mind working as a trainned killer. Not really what the parents want there kids thinking about, you know "how can I get past the guards on the front gate to pop a cap in that mafia bosses ass?" or "If I kill that pizza guy I can nick his uniform & get past the metal detector."
Wed 06/10/04 at 00:44
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Dr Cheese wrote:
> remember people
>
> games don't kill people
>
> rappers do

Not wrong there, Dr Cheese.
Tue 05/10/04 at 23:41
Regular
"what's punctuation"
Semajál wrote:
> Dr Cheese wrote:
> remember people
>
> games don't kill people
>
> rappers do
>
> i prefer "guns dont kill people, rabbits do"
>
> I mean its true isn't it. Only have to watch Monty Python and the
> Holy Grail.
i was trying to be funny

i failed

sorry
Tue 05/10/04 at 16:13
Regular
"Indeed"
Lots of things can promote violence. Even magic tricks. A complete fool of a magician once did a trick with a knife infront of kids. All im gonna say is that one boy's sister was buryied with a knife wound through her head a little later on. Sometimes games can just be the easy answer for violence and stupidity etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.