GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't normally do much artwork..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/10/04 at 12:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm more into coding and mechanical design than the artistic side of things. But when a mate told me about the site he was going to make, his lack of experience with the coding required, basic graphics, and the extraordinary concidence that I'd been working on the exact same theme the night before, I begged him to let me knock up some designs - and he said 'yes', so now I have this:

[URL]http://www.pocketmonkey.co.uk/demos/craig/layout_low.jpg[/URL]

Not one to blow my own trumpet (unlike the dolphin that's been whoring itself around the forums), I'm quietly chuffed with myself :D

Everything you see there was made from scratch in Photoshop - it really can polish a t*rd!

EDIT: I covered up the site name because I'm paranerd like that, and don't want him losing - what is a very good domain name, for him - on the back of my stupidity! Also, that's not really a design, just some artwork. Although I might try and fit something around that, who knows?
Sun 03/10/04 at 14:18
Regular
"\\"
Most of the blood is good. Very good infact. Just the small pool of it on the floor looks poop :P
Sun 03/10/04 at 14:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Aww, I liked the blood bit best of all!

I know what you mean though, there are a few dodgy bits. the hole with the blood is meant to be the main focus, and that all fits together quite well.

Also, the wire fencing I drew by hand, then applied a pixelisation for some reason, then saved it... Couldn't recover it, so I might re-do that part.

EDIT: Actually, I just removed the bit just above the mud - was meant to be a border around the wall, but seemed a bit surplus. Looks slightly better.
Sun 03/10/04 at 14:08
Regular
"\\"
Some of it seems a bit dodgy, like the pool of blood and some of it don't seem to go together, like how realistic some of it is, then how not so realistic other bits are (yes, I am aware at how good at explaining stuff I am). But with an actually site on it, that could change.

But yes. It's good.
Sun 03/10/04 at 14:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Thanks. Obviously the theme is Jurassic Park, and I've got a ton of ideas, so only elements of this will make the final cut.
Sun 03/10/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Very nice indeed.
Sun 03/10/04 at 14:02
Regular
Impressive, most impressive.
Sun 03/10/04 at 14:00
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
wow thats really good.
Sun 03/10/04 at 12:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm more into coding and mechanical design than the artistic side of things. But when a mate told me about the site he was going to make, his lack of experience with the coding required, basic graphics, and the extraordinary concidence that I'd been working on the exact same theme the night before, I begged him to let me knock up some designs - and he said 'yes', so now I have this:

[URL]http://www.pocketmonkey.co.uk/demos/craig/layout_low.jpg[/URL]

Not one to blow my own trumpet (unlike the dolphin that's been whoring itself around the forums), I'm quietly chuffed with myself :D

Everything you see there was made from scratch in Photoshop - it really can polish a t*rd!

EDIT: I covered up the site name because I'm paranerd like that, and don't want him losing - what is a very good domain name, for him - on the back of my stupidity! Also, that's not really a design, just some artwork. Although I might try and fit something around that, who knows?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.