GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't normally do much artwork..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/10/04 at 12:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm more into coding and mechanical design than the artistic side of things. But when a mate told me about the site he was going to make, his lack of experience with the coding required, basic graphics, and the extraordinary concidence that I'd been working on the exact same theme the night before, I begged him to let me knock up some designs - and he said 'yes', so now I have this:

[URL]http://www.pocketmonkey.co.uk/demos/craig/layout_low.jpg[/URL]

Not one to blow my own trumpet (unlike the dolphin that's been whoring itself around the forums), I'm quietly chuffed with myself :D

Everything you see there was made from scratch in Photoshop - it really can polish a t*rd!

EDIT: I covered up the site name because I'm paranerd like that, and don't want him losing - what is a very good domain name, for him - on the back of my stupidity! Also, that's not really a design, just some artwork. Although I might try and fit something around that, who knows?
Mon 04/10/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Microchips wrote:
> Nice MM, nice.
>
> Why don't you just use the clone brush to get rid of the pool of
> blood, and then make a new one, as opposed to starting from scratch,
> unles you already meant to do that.

I've still got the original Photoshop file, with the layers and stuff, so I can do what I want with it.

Cheers for the comments, very encouraging!
Mon 04/10/04 at 02:45
Regular
"Fried rice is god."
I think its prety inpressive, if you look at most sites, their artwork isnt that amazing, Im impressed that you did that with photoshop *looks impressed*
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:42
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
monkey_man wrote:
> Not one to blow my own trumpet (unlike the dolphin that's been
> whoring itself around the forums)

ahahahahahaha
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:31
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Nice MM, nice.

Why don't you just use the clone brush to get rid of the pool of blood, and then make a new one, as opposed to starting from scratch, unles you already meant to do that.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I wish i was that good with photoshop :(
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:24
Regular
"Touched!"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Impressive, most impressive.

But you are not an artist yet, young monkey..
Sun 03/10/04 at 14:28
Regular
"\\"
Yes... It'll be for the best :-|
Sun 03/10/04 at 14:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I see what you mean. I'll delete the whole thing and start again.
Sun 03/10/04 at 14:24
Regular
"\\"
It's too red. Maybe if it was a bit more like the blood on the wall. I don't know. A bit less opaque probably... And not so round. I dunno. Just play around with it.
Sun 03/10/04 at 14:21
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Poop in which way - too much red? Not spread out enough? Too much spread?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.