GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A question about death"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/10/04 at 12:16
Regular
"Indeed"
What do you think happens when you die? The most realistic answer would be that you just go into a neverending sleep. Without dreams though.
Wed 06/10/04 at 23:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's not something you can question for ages, because it's absoloutely unprovable, and, unlike other philosophical debates, it's simple. You die. End. Of.

(Philosophy at Uni will be fun)
Wed 06/10/04 at 17:46
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
That has never happened to me before.
Wed 06/10/04 at 17:06
Regular
Well, I say there is nothing after death.

No feelings, no consciousness.

you don't exist anymore. The brain that drives your life and the body that makes it real are no longer a person.

It's just one of those questions that can be thought about for bl**dy ages.

And those who DO believe in an afterlife or resurrection have little to fear about death, because there's no wait in between the point where you die and the point where you live again.

Like someone else said, it's a just a 'close eyes - open - what the hell just happened - Yay, I'm alive' type things. We've all had that happen.
Wed 06/10/04 at 15:27
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I don't know, really, and I'm not partiularly bothered.
> Death isn't a big issue for me - all I can hope is to have achieved
> enough by the time it comes around so I'm not instantly forgotten.

Unfortunately for the billions who feel the same as you do, there are only a few million "slots" i.e. people that will be remembered. And less so as the years pass and the less significant are forgotten.
Wed 06/10/04 at 12:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Probably that you die. And your body eventually disappears.

And your brain and heart die. They're not immortal.
Wed 06/10/04 at 10:53
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Being dead will probably be a lot like the 10000000000000000000 or so years that passed by before you were born.
Wed 06/10/04 at 10:53
Regular
I believe in Karma and re-incarnation.

But seeing as you can be re-born into another "realm", one of which bare striking resemblance to "heaven" and another that sounds remarkably like a "hell", then I think it can be interwined with Christian belief.

Infact, I'm thinking that Jesus taught the best way for his Jewish audience to learn from it, but Buddha's teaching sort of explains it better to relate with my life.

What do you make of that Forest?
Tue 05/10/04 at 23:40
Regular
Your energy is 'eaten'?

To disprove einsteins theory (not mine), you'll have to come up with rather less vague explanations than that.

And, I might add, heat is a type of energy, and if by 'eaten' you mean digested by smaller creatures, then that energy is then used to help that creature live. So the energy is not destroyed, it is passed on. So you did not prove anything wrong.
Tue 05/10/04 at 22:27
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
I couldn't guess, but Einstein did say that
> energy cannot be destroyed, only changed into other forms of energy.
> It's one theory anyway.

When you cremated your body acts as a fuel and when you are buried your energy is Eaten or given away as heat from your decomposing body.
Sorry to prove you theory wrong.
Mon 04/10/04 at 19:36
"period drama"
I don't know, really, and I'm not partiularly bothered.
Death isn't a big issue for me - all I can hope is to have achieved enough by the time it comes around so I'm not instantly forgotten.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.