GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goatboy (or anyone else who works for the royal mail)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/10/04 at 18:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im hoping you can help me, i sent my laptop off to the manufacturer for servicing by royal mail special delivery next day, i have tracked the parcel online, and they say it has been delivered. Asus (the laptop company) however, say that it did not arrive.

I phoned the track and trace hotline and asked to be provided with proof of delivery, they reitterated that the parcel had been delivered, however they could not provide me with a copy of the signature of the person who signed for the item as they say the delivery card could not be found.

Now, im pretty much convinced that i wont be seeing my laptop again, but can i claim for compensation due to the fact that they havent actually proven that it was delivered (no signed delivery card) or do i have to pursue it in another way?
Sun 03/10/04 at 23:52
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
That sucks.

I'd give the laptop company a call again tomorrow just incase it was delivered and the person who signed for it just left it lying around.

If not then call royal mail again and find out what went wrong.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:09
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Edgy wrote:
> It was my understanding that when you send something like that, you
> tell Royal Mail how much it is worth so that it is insured should
> such a thing happen. In which case you should be able to claim
> something.

Yeah, but if they say its been delivered, im wondering if they will p**s me around, i'll phone them tomorrow and see what happens. Cheers for having a look anyway goaty.
Sun 03/10/04 at 21:22
Regular
It was my understanding that when you send something like that, you tell Royal Mail how much it is worth so that it is insured should such a thing happen. In which case you should be able to claim something.
Sun 03/10/04 at 12:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Greenhills is the dump in my town

How strange or not really.
Sun 03/10/04 at 12:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I have absolutely no idea whatsoever, sorry.
I work for Royal Mail but I don't deal with customer complaints or the intricacies of the legalities of non-provable deliveries.

I can tell you that Greenhills is a nice area of Harlow, The Dashes isn't, The Briars is like Beirut and Northbrooks is a den of junkies and prostitutes if that helps.
Sat 02/10/04 at 21:58
Naked.
Sat 02/10/04 at 19:48
I am writing this message on your lap.
Sat 02/10/04 at 18:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
mikelar wrote:
> I'm writing this message on your laptop

I doubt it, it was being sent back because the motherboard was naffed.
Sat 02/10/04 at 18:31
Regular
"Selected"
I'm writing this message on your laptop
Sat 02/10/04 at 18:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im hoping you can help me, i sent my laptop off to the manufacturer for servicing by royal mail special delivery next day, i have tracked the parcel online, and they say it has been delivered. Asus (the laptop company) however, say that it did not arrive.

I phoned the track and trace hotline and asked to be provided with proof of delivery, they reitterated that the parcel had been delivered, however they could not provide me with a copy of the signature of the person who signed for the item as they say the delivery card could not be found.

Now, im pretty much convinced that i wont be seeing my laptop again, but can i claim for compensation due to the fact that they havent actually proven that it was delivered (no signed delivery card) or do i have to pursue it in another way?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.