GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goatboy (or anyone else who works for the royal mail)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/10/04 at 18:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im hoping you can help me, i sent my laptop off to the manufacturer for servicing by royal mail special delivery next day, i have tracked the parcel online, and they say it has been delivered. Asus (the laptop company) however, say that it did not arrive.

I phoned the track and trace hotline and asked to be provided with proof of delivery, they reitterated that the parcel had been delivered, however they could not provide me with a copy of the signature of the person who signed for the item as they say the delivery card could not be found.

Now, im pretty much convinced that i wont be seeing my laptop again, but can i claim for compensation due to the fact that they havent actually proven that it was delivered (no signed delivery card) or do i have to pursue it in another way?
Tue 05/10/04 at 21:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
What a right mess that was, apparently my laptop was in a bag of mail which went missing, it seems the royal mail tried to cover it up by giving me a fake delivery date and the missing card excuse.

Postwatch called today (very prompt indeed) but ive been at uni all day so missed the call, as it will be the same story tomorrow my mum said she will phone them to tell them the situation.

Alls well that ends well as they say.
Tue 05/10/04 at 19:06
Regular
Glad to hear it was all sorted in the end Cookie, sounds like RM were to blame for that mess up. Naughty naughty.

You should be able to claim the postage back and/or get a couple of books of stamps too (WOW!).
Mon 04/10/04 at 22:13
Regular
"i don't know"
down wrote:
> Naked.

lol
Mon 04/10/04 at 13:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My mum phoned back, as i suspected she was given more information than me. Despite the fact that i have a letter saying the item was delivered on the 11th september the royal mail have now said it was delivered on the 1st october. Hmmm, interesting.

The operator then said that if the item is still missing to get a P58 from the post office and claim for the lost item.

EDIT: Just got an email from Asus confirming the laptop has arrived. I think i will be claiming my postage cost back.
Mon 04/10/04 at 11:15
Regular
Yeah, phone back but make sure you speak to a senior manager. And MSG should be reliable enough. A standard Customser advisor might not know/care.

Also, get the Manager's name/number (they must give you this - all Managers have a direct number or at least a shared phone between managers, rather than going through the 0845 number) and the incident number (should begin '1-'xxxxxxxxx).

That way you know for sure someone is dealing with the case and you can ring back at any time to check up on it with the incident number.

Special Delivery is a guaranteed service - you are entitled to compensation if the item has gone missing, and until RM can prove it was signed for by someone at Asus, you should hold them (RM) responsible.
Mon 04/10/04 at 11:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Hmm, since it's a signature denial, an investigation into possible
> theft is necessary - whoever you spoke to should have started this
> rolling.

I dont think they did to be honest, should i phone back? I might get my mum to call back, i dont think they took me very seriously.
Mon 04/10/04 at 10:42
Regular
Hmm, since it's a signature denial, an investigation into possible theft is necessary - whoever you spoke to should have started this rolling.

It's good that you've let Postwatch know - RM have to comply with anything they tell them. It would also be a good idea to involve the Police in case the delivery driver has stolen the parcel and made it look like it was signed for.

Didn't have any luck on my system I'm afraid, but it is a basic tracking system anyway - just like the Web version. Customer Services have a full-scale tracking system for Special Delivery.
Mon 04/10/04 at 09:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I phoned the royal mail today who told me that since the delivery office said the item was delivered, then it was delivered, regardless of the fact that they cant prove it with a signature, then they told me to get in contact with the police and postwatch.

Ive contacted postwatch, but i dont see how it's a problem for the police. I just feel fobbed off to be honest. :(
Mon 04/10/04 at 08:55
Regular
Have you got the tracking number there? I'll check our systems in case the scanning order has been messed up. It's worth a try, although my system isn't as in-depth as Customer Service's
Mon 04/10/04 at 08:53
Regular
As long as it was insured up to full value, you should be eligible for a claim. It's a guaranteed service and RM cannot prove it was signed for. If you contact Customer Services, demand to speak to a Manager, not an MSG (Management Support Group).

Since RM cannot prove a signature, they'll have to carry out an investigation with the recipients, the delivery driver and if need be, every office involved in the parcel's journey.

It sounds like RM have screwed up though. But there's still a chance the recipients are trying to pull a fast one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.