GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Missing Memory...?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/10/04 at 17:05
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I had 256MB of DDR RAM in my PC and have just installed another 256MB into it. It now runs noticeably faster, however when I check my system specs in Control Panel it only says i have 320MB, not 512MB as I was expecting.

Do you think that I have been sent a 64MB by mistake, or is this the fault of my PC?

Any help much appreciated.
Sat 02/10/04 at 20:01
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I'm currently using a GeForce 2 MX400. I don't think that that is draining any RAM usage though. I will try the new card on its own and report back.
Sat 02/10/04 at 19:05
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
I would agree with Nimco on the graphics front, what kind of graphics card do you have? Is in on board graphics?
Sat 02/10/04 at 17:33
Regular
"NULL"
You're missing 192MB of RAM. It's possible that they sent you the wrong one, though it could be that your mobo is using some of the RAM for GFX. 192 is an odd number though for that - it would usually be 32/64/128/256. Try removing the new module and see what Windows reports, then swap it for the other module so you've only got the new module installed and see what it reports then.
Sat 02/10/04 at 17:05
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I had 256MB of DDR RAM in my PC and have just installed another 256MB into it. It now runs noticeably faster, however when I check my system specs in Control Panel it only says i have 320MB, not 512MB as I was expecting.

Do you think that I have been sent a 64MB by mistake, or is this the fault of my PC?

Any help much appreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.