GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eighties music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/10/04 at 14:04
"Was the man of marz"
The eighties sucked, but the music was great. I am compiling a CD, any suggestions? Heres the list I've got so far...

Cameo- Word up (full version)
Harold faltermeyer- Axel f (Beverly hills cop theme)
Shakespeare sisters- Stay
Gary Newman - Cars (On lots of adverts and featured in Gta:Vc)
Kenny loggins- Danger zone (From top gun)
Pointer sisters- I'm so excited (I think its eighties, featured in a chocolate advert)
soft cell- Tainted love (Marilyn manson covered this)
Human league- Don't you want me (Was in a fiat punto ad)

Know any other great tracks, post.
Fri 01/10/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Rick Astley- Never Gonna Give You Up
Nina - 99 Red Balloons
Heaven Is a Place on Earth (not sure who by)
Sledgehammer - anyone who hasnt seen the excellent video for this song should lok it up, it was done by Nick Park in the days before Wallace & Gromit.
Our House - Madness
Fri 01/10/04 at 14:52
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Flock wrote:
> If you're looking for 80's stuff i'd say Culture Club, Phil Collins,
> The Police, Paul Young, Madness, The Specials, Blondie, Dexy midnight
> runners, the Jam, i'll come up with more later.

Stuff I used to listen to as a kid included (5yrs - 11yrs):

Depeche Mode, Thompson Twins, Communards, Alison Moyet, Fairground Attraction, Sique Sique Sputnik, Billy Idol, Wham, Petshop Boys, Duran Duran, Simple Minds, Nick Kershaw, Kajagoogoo, Sade, Kym Wilde, Bananarama, Flying Pickets, David Bowie, Dexy's Midnight Runners, OMD, New Order, Sisters of Mercy, Def Leppard, House Martins, Madness, Belinda Carlisle, Kate Bush, Cyndi Lauper, Madness, SPecials, Musical Youth, Europe/Bon Jovi & Blondie

Could probably think of more... but brain hurts too much
Fri 01/10/04 at 14:38
"Was the man of marz"
Thanks. The Vice city soundtrack was good, but not great in my view. Still, a flock of seagulls is a must. I'll check the rest out. Michael jackson, I think he deserves a whole album to himself, and I am mainly after electro pop (or anything with a synth). The 'Video killed the radio star' by buggles is ok, but not really my cup of tea. Shame about the Shakespeare sisters being 1992, I thought the vocals sounded a bit too good for it to be eighties. Although I may just slip it on there if no ones looking :)

Does anyone know of an album that was out quite recently that I think was called Rewind. I've searched for it but can't seem to find it. It had good tracks on, one I think was by duran duran (amazingly)

I'll get Jan Hammer-Crocketts theme, with such enthusiasm it must be good
Fri 01/10/04 at 14:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Bruce Hornsby and the Range - The Way It Is.
Fri 01/10/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Monochromatic"
If you're looking for 80's stuff i'd say Culture Club, Phil Collins, The Police, Paul Young, Madness, The Specials, Blondie, Dexy midnight runners, the Jam, i'll come up with more later.
Fri 01/10/04 at 14:28
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Sorry Flock, 80's music is not my strong point. But did you know that 'Video Killed The Radio Star' was the first music video to be plated on MTV. Just some more pointless rubbish.
Fri 01/10/04 at 14:26
Regular
aye, heard that and stuff about him producing on some music program last night on itv.
Fri 01/10/04 at 14:24
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Flock wrote:
> Super Kev wrote:
> I can remeber who it is by, but I think 'Video killed the radio star'
> is quite funky.

I believe by Buggles, i've got a feeling his name was Trevor Horn,
created a lot of 80's stuff, mainly for Frankie goes to
Hollywood....... i've said too much, i'll get my coat.
And that was from 1979
Somebody kill me please.
Fri 01/10/04 at 14:24
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Double post
Fri 01/10/04 at 14:19
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
I can remeber who it is by, but I think 'Video killed the radio star' is quite funky.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.