GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My reason of buying the DS and not the PSP"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/01/05 at 19:42
Regular
What would you rather have?

A portable PS2 with rubbish battery life and pointless expensive features and PS2 ports.

Or an affordable portable N64 with two screens, touch screen and mic, and original games on it, and a battery life of 6-10 hours

Nuff said
Thu 13/01/05 at 20:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Darwock wrote:
> 27. How the f*&k old are you? Some of us have mortgages and
> families.

Haha. I do pity you.
Thu 13/01/05 at 22:57
Regular
Darwock the point is there different machines they appeal to different people.

PSP's won't sell to kids, the primary owner of handheld game consoles.

And the DS has REALLY outsold the PSP.

Why is the PSP so in demand?? MAybe cause there isn't that many in circulation and have only been released in Japan?
Fri 14/01/05 at 10:10
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Tphi wrote:
> Darwock wrote:
> 27. How the f*&k old are you? Some of us have mortgages and
> families.
>
> Haha. I do pity you.

Who said it was me? I'm not the one selling my DS to get more cash to buy a PSP. Grow up ffs.
Fri 14/01/05 at 10:50
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Darwock wrote:
> Who said it was me? I'm not the one selling my DS to get more cash to
> buy a PSP. Grow up ffs.

You really have no idea what you're talking about do you?
Fri 14/01/05 at 11:18
Regular
Darwock wrote:

Lol, I guess that's because you know some REALLY SAD adults who play handheld games.

Handheld games are a kids thing, adults don't walk around with handheld consoles, kids can't afford such a delicate adult orientated piece of kit like a PSP. A PSP is a bit like an I-pod, something the older teen and adult market enjoy.

The DS appeals to everyone in some way but it'll always attract the kid fanbase.
Fri 14/01/05 at 11:23
Regular
For something both adults AND kids enjoy, buy the Mac mini, released on 29th January. Nanosaur 2 and Marble Blast Gold are both included, and with games like World of Warcraft and Halo you're guaranteed to enjoy Apple goodness!
Fri 14/01/05 at 11:54
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Dringo wrote:
> a lot of pish

You can just stop being a d!ck too, just because all your friends must be really uptight and vain - yes I know lots of REALLY SAD ADULTS who play handheld games, y'know why? Because they are fun.

Isn't this the forum where people get all uppity at accusations of the GC being a kid's console? But then again, hypocrisy is nothing new to you right...
Fri 14/01/05 at 15:22
Regular
I was being ironic, a bit over your head yes???

In a world where Playstation corner the cool aspect of the market, it is very bizzare they'd enter the world of handhelds. Walking around playing games is not cool, it never will be.

Only 2 types of people would do it, hardcore gamers (and there are as many Nintendo hardcore gamers as Sony) and Children. The DS CAN appeal to children with some of the software and the cheap price.

The PSP, looks and IS for an adult market. A market that to be frank, are not interested in handheld consoles.

I doubt the PSP will topple the Gamecube because your tiny little focus group have decided to trade in a DS, only a month after its launch, for a PSP. Sounds a bit premature to me. Especially as the PSP has next to nothing good at launch, a bit like the DS.
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:15
Regular
"whatever"
the psp is so much better dont listen to this guy it is cheaper but wat the hell its made by sony
Sat 15/01/05 at 03:39
Regular
"8==="
Darwock wrote:
>

Heh. Fickle handheld/console owners make me laugh.

"I've owned this brand new console/handheld for all of 8 weeks and there are NO more games out for it at the moment that I like so I'll sell it and buy the rival not giving my old console/handheld any chance for the decent games to start coming"

'Grass is always greener' eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.