GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Billy Gunn"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/09/04 at 13:45
Regular
"..."
Has been pulled from the WWE roster and won't be appearing at house shows or Smackdown in the immediate future. WWE management has told Billy to 'get his stuff together' and then they will sit down ad hopefully resolve their issues with each other. Gunn has reportedly had a very bad attitude backstage since his return (PWInsider) and PWTorch has reported an incident involving Gunn missing a flight which WWE management considered 'the last straw'. Gunn has also been reported as talking to TNA officials on several ocassions.

My personal opinion? Expect a release soon...
Wed 13/10/04 at 12:43
Regular
"..."
thebestbit wrote:
> yeah hes been there for a while.

In rehab? Or passed out backstage?

To be honest if I was a Smackdown superstar and they found me passed out backstage, I'd just blame it on being subjected to 'Taker vs JBL AGAIN. Or a Heidennrich promo.
Tue 12/10/04 at 17:19
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
(_B-(I) wrote:
> I said...Billy Gunn has been sent to rehab to sort himself out after
> Road Agents found him passed out and stoned back-stage.

Yet another wrestler.. Giving in to the drugs. Ah well hes not talented. So no loss there!
Tue 12/10/04 at 14:57
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
yeah hes been there for a while.
Tue 12/10/04 at 11:20
Regular
"..."
GWX_GAMER wrote:
> What?...what?...what?....say what?

I said...Billy Gunn has been sent to rehab to sort himself out after Road Agents found him passed out and stoned back-stage.
Mon 11/10/04 at 21:15
Regular
"nintendo-4-life"
What?...what?...what?....say what?
Thu 07/10/04 at 12:43
Regular
"..."
Ok, no release as yet, but Billy has apparently been sent to rehab!!!
Tue 05/10/04 at 12:46
Regular
"..."
Very_Metal wrote:
> People like Mick Foley have earned FAR
> more respect than holly and i don't know of any instance where he's
> deliberately hurt someone to prove a point.

Foley is the exception rather than the rule. He was a guy who was never accepted by the 'old school' anyway....
Mon 04/10/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
(_B-(I) wrote:
End result, the old stagers
> refusing to sell for or job to the youngsters because they haven't
> paid their dues.

They do that anyway, dues payed or not
Mon 04/10/04 at 13:54
Regular
"you've got a beard"
sure, but paying dues as in "working tough dark matches and being on the road for a few years with no recognition and low pay" is one thing, and i'm in support of that, but getting whaled on by a more experienced guy just becasue he can is an outrage. if there was no referee and no crowd, it'd be common assault.
i understood Hollys "justification" of it, but i still don't think it was needed. People like Mick Foley have earned FAR more respect than holly and i don't know of any instance where he's deliberately hurt someone to prove a point.
Mon 04/10/04 at 13:33
Regular
"..."
Very_Metal wrote:
> maybe so, but i'm not sure if i like that mentality. just because
> things were brutal 20 years ago doesn't mean they still have to be.
> the business has changed, the focus has changed and if the actual
> trainers of Tough Enough don't see fit to pummel the students, i fail
> to see why anyone else should.
> if the students botch a move, Bill DeMott is right on them, yelling
> at them and locking them in a hold of some kind and this does the job
> just fine, there really was no need to go so far with it. As much as
> i understand and value the respect aspect of any locker room, Holly
> DID come off looking like a bit of a plank.
>
> the industry has moved on, attitudes need to catch up.

As long as there are guys, who these trainees will be working with, who have an 'old-school-attitude' competing in the ring, who beliebve that this is what training is all about, then guys who come up without, what they see as, paying their dues, then these 'new-school guys' won't be given any respect. End result, the old stagers refusing to sell for or job to the youngsters because they haven't paid their dues. I just personally think it's better for every young guy coming up to pay their dues now, rather than later, when it will only hurt them if their opponent doesn't respect them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.