GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does talking on a mobile phone in public make you seem cool?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/09/04 at 19:22
Regular
Everyone round where I live seems to think that talkng loudly on their mobile in public makes them look cool. Why - are we supposed to be impressed because they're talking to someone?!

Is their reasoning in that a normal conversation is just chit-chat, but a phone conversation must be something 'important' and crucial?

Or is it just me? Is it the fact that I use up my £10 top-up card in about 10 minutes making me angry that everyone else is talking?

For you see, some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, 'Why not?'.
Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that...not me, obviously.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:22
Regular
Everyone round where I live seems to think that talkng loudly on their mobile in public makes them look cool. Why - are we supposed to be impressed because they're talking to someone?!

Is their reasoning in that a normal conversation is just chit-chat, but a phone conversation must be something 'important' and crucial?

Or is it just me? Is it the fact that I use up my £10 top-up card in about 10 minutes making me angry that everyone else is talking?

For you see, some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, 'Why not?'.
Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that...not me, obviously.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:25
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Most people talk loudly because the signal quality is poor.

And they don't want masts near their residences incase their genitals shrivel up.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:32
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Most people talk loudly because the signal quality is poor.

That's...actually a pretty good excuse. I feel like a moron now.

Could you edit your post and make it say something stupid for me to laugh at?
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:34
Regular
"For One Night Only"
You really are stupid.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:36
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
How funny is it when you see someone walking along nodding and going "yeah, yeah, totally agree" etc and then their phone rings?

Very.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Hibernatormongturdface - shut up. Despite the fact that this person has only been posting for 4 or so days, they've said things that are far more interesting and readable than any of the crap you've spouted ever.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Tanoy, your topics suck.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Tanoy wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Most people talk loudly because the signal quality is poor.
>
> That's...actually a pretty good excuse. I feel like a moron now.
>
> Could you edit your post and make it say something stupid for me to
> laugh at?

But then i would look stupid, then people might start calling me cookie mongster.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:40
Regular
"Braaains"
gaybys wrote:
> How funny is it when you see someone walking along nodding and going
> "yeah, yeah, totally agree" etc and then their phone
> rings?
>
> Very.

Maybe that's just how the communicate with the voices in their head that tell them to kill, Session 9 style.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:40
Regular
It deoesn't make them look cool. They're already cool - unless thier phone isn't a camera/video 24x+ phone with polyphonic ringtones that cost a minimum of 400 pound, otehrwise you're just a skaff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.