GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP Price Revealed..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/09/04 at 08:48
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Cant find the link anymore so heres a quote :

Today during an early-morning press conference, Sony finally revealed the price point and release date for its first portable gaming device, the PSP. The PSP will launch for a suggested retail value of 38,624 Yen, or 349.99 dollars in the USA.

Talk of a "competitive price point" quickly dissolved with news of this shocking price point. In its statement, Sony commented that the PSP is "not meant to compete directly with the market targeted by the Nintendo DS" and that it is "appropriately priced for its expectations and target demographic." Sony noted, however, that they hope to "bring new consumers into the world of portable gaming" noting that the PSP is "the most advanced handheld device for gaming ever conceived."

Also of importance during the press conference was the target release dates for Japan and USA.

Sony announced that it plans to launch in Japan on December 21st with "at least 12 games" and in the USA during the month of March, although it's interesting to note that they did not set a specific day for this event. The PSP is expected to launch with at least 8 games in the USA, but Sony says "it expects even more than twelve", including the new Need For Speed Underground.

Approximately £200, looks like i'll be getting the DS then...
Sun 26/09/04 at 20:38
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
What a rip off.
Sun 26/09/04 at 20:32
Regular
"\\"
Hoops wrote:
> Aoe, Azul and Matt are sooooo annoying, why dont you just get on wit
> your life and stop annoying people.

I'm getting on with my life. It just happens to include annoying people.

> And before you say anything, it isn't just me who thinks this.

No? Reeeeally.
Sun 26/09/04 at 20:13
Regular
That's a rather rnadom Yen cost.

I presume it'll be 40000 yen in Japan, I mean 38642 or whatever isn't exactly roundish.
Maybe it is in Japanese.
Sun 26/09/04 at 14:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Geffdof wrote:
> Usually they sell consoles at the same price, pound per dollar. i.e.
> it would be £349.

That's what I'm guessing as well. Although if we're lucky then they'll announce it as €350 which will be about £250. Still a hell of a lot of money though.
Sun 26/09/04 at 14:01
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Hoops wrote:
> Aoe, Azul and Matt are sooooo annoying, why dont you just get on wit
> your life and stop annoying people.
>
> And before you say anything, it isn't just me who thinks this.

Do you have anything to back this up?
Sun 26/09/04 at 13:10
Regular
"Fake Plastic Tree"
if the DS is £99 or less ill buy one here. be a pain if the americans get theirs for £85 and we pay something stupid like £150. Will be interesting to see how well the PSP sells. £200 for a handheld is rather steep.
Sun 26/09/04 at 12:48
Regular
"lets go back"
Hoops wrote:
> The PSP will launch for a suggested retail
> value of 38,624 Yen, or 349.99 dollars in the USA.
>
> Approximately £200, looks like i'll be getting the DS then...

Usually they sell consoles at the same price, pound per dollar. i.e. it would be £349.
Sun 26/09/04 at 12:35
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Itwas you're 'I don't know the link' that started it, man.

And NDS>PSP, for sure.
Sun 26/09/04 at 12:35
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Not everyone is going to like you lin life Stridman, hell, could you point out the ones that do?

In anycase, as I said, not everyone is going to like you, and you have to live with that. Telling people to "go away" is pretty stupid, really.
Sun 26/09/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Can you shutup now?

Get back to the topic?

I shouldn't have posted this in here...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.