GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Set-Up"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/09/04 at 20:33
Regular
"Bicycle"
...Yeah.

OK.

A bit random. But, re-designing my room. Got a 28" TV, with two SCART sockets. Have a Sky Digibox (with an in SCART and out, as well as the usual TV arial wire), a Sony DVD player (with 2 full RGB sockets, and a single SCART out) and my PS2 - SCART.

Problem is, I want them all connected via SCART, but I don't want a silly little SCART switch.

Now, you know how the TV automatically 'homes in' on anything connected and switched on (via SCART), well, how could I chose which has priority - eg. Sky and DVD are connected and switched on, which one comes up? - ?

See, old system was simply plugging the PS2 into my DVD player, but in general I have them all on... And I wanna just hop between them!
Thu 23/09/04 at 20:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You could also use the 2nd scart on your tv to have 1 appliance soley plugged into it, i would stick the dvd in by itself, sometimes they dont have a real standby and just switch off completely.
Thu 23/09/04 at 20:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You should be able to just go

PS2 scart> DVD player scart> Sky box scart> TV

That way as long as everything else is on standby any appliance which isnt on standby will be displayed on the tv.
Thu 23/09/04 at 20:33
Regular
"Bicycle"
...Yeah.

OK.

A bit random. But, re-designing my room. Got a 28" TV, with two SCART sockets. Have a Sky Digibox (with an in SCART and out, as well as the usual TV arial wire), a Sony DVD player (with 2 full RGB sockets, and a single SCART out) and my PS2 - SCART.

Problem is, I want them all connected via SCART, but I don't want a silly little SCART switch.

Now, you know how the TV automatically 'homes in' on anything connected and switched on (via SCART), well, how could I chose which has priority - eg. Sky and DVD are connected and switched on, which one comes up? - ?

See, old system was simply plugging the PS2 into my DVD player, but in general I have them all on... And I wanna just hop between them!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.