GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ray “Big Bossman” Traylor Passes Away"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/09/04 at 07:04
Regular
From NoDQ.com:

"Ray "Big Bossman" Traylor passed away suddenly at his home tonight. Traylor, who was 42, got his start as Jim Cornette's bodyguard Big Bubba Rogers in 1986 after he left his job as a prison guard in Marietta, GA.

After leaving Crockett promotions over pay, his real life job became is gimmick as the Big Bossman, the evil prison guard, who had a big run with Hulk Hogan.

He was also a major star with All Japan Pro Wrestling as Big Bubba in the 90s, before returning to the WWF in recent years.

At this point his death is a mystery. He had not been complaining of feeling bad, other than a bad knee. His wife found him in a room tonight and he wasn't breathing. Paramedica were unable to revive him."

So sad :0(
Thu 30/09/04 at 11:50
Regular
I found a bossman toy when I was young. Unaware it was a WWF toy. He later became my favourite wrestler for it.
Wed 29/09/04 at 12:48
Regular
"..."
Tazz wrote:
> He's up there with
> the likes of Gangrel, Viscera, Tazz and Paul Bearer, if you ask me.
> Another of those undervalued superstars who, in my opinion, should
> definately be coined "Legends" by the wrestling business.

The word legend is already way over-used in wrestling. Without applying it to any guy who happens to kick the bucket. He was a solid star, a good worker, but a long way short of a legend in my opinion.
Tue 28/09/04 at 21:42
Regular
"Guess who..."
Ah. A great loss. Big Bossman was truly an underrated superstar, particularly toward the end of his career. That guy could cut a beastly promo back in the day. What a character. He's up there with the likes of Gangrel, Viscera, Tazz and Paul Bearer, if you ask me. Another of those undervalued superstars who, in my opinion, should definately be coined "Legends" by the wrestling business. Big Bossman had great music. Beastly finishing move as well. Bossman Slam - man, that was grand. I actually modelled him a tag partner on the video game SmackDown (the original) - I called him the Big Butthole. What a name huh? Yeah, had an army top, Bossman's pants and Prince Albert's head. I killed him off eventually...(come to think of it, I miss that guy. I would have remade him but I'd prefer to remember him as he was...)Sorry. I'm rambling now. I'd write more, hell, I'd write a Drop of Scotch on this if I weren't so tired. Rest in Peace, Ray...Big Bossman. I'll pray for your soul.
Sat 25/09/04 at 13:25
Regular
Ok, cheers man.

Still, damn shame. His funeral if today, I think.
Sat 25/09/04 at 13:23
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Reefer wrote:
> Could be that once they retire, the muscle just turns to fat and
> therefore brings on a heart attack? I'm not a science expert, so I
> could be wrong.

hehe, no dude, that doesn't happen :)
muscle will lose size and definition, but it won't turn to fat, fat goes OVER muscles, which is why you'll look more cut-up if you do loads of cardio work and lose the fat.

he wasn't retired anyways, he was still making appearances.
Sat 25/09/04 at 11:47
Regular
Bah, I never saw much of the bossman but it's never good when someone dies
:(
Fri 24/09/04 at 23:35
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
This is sad news. These guys seem to be dropping like flies. Terrible, just terrible.
Fri 24/09/04 at 14:04
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
yeah its been anounced it was a massive heart attack...shame, not a big fan of him but its never nice to hear of this sort of thing
Thu 23/09/04 at 23:36
Regular
Could be that once they retire, the muscle just turns to fat and therefore brings on a heart attack? I'm not a science expert, so I could be wrong.
Thu 23/09/04 at 22:32
Regular
"I like cheese"
This seems to happen to waaaay too many wrestlers at this age...at that age he should still have half his life to look forward to. :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.