GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laptop help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/09/04 at 20:01
Regular
I am looking for a reasonably priced laptop capeable of playing uptodate games such as far cry and half life 2.
I have seen one on this website however the price of it falls near £1200 and my budget is £1100.
I know nothing about comupters or laptops so please try and make the replies simple!

Thanks a ton.
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:26
"I love yo... lamp."
Then look at a Fujitsu Siemens with an A64 processor in it along with a mobile Radeon 9700 at least.
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:24
Regular
And if I cant?
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:18
Regular
As well as being much more expensive yet less efficient, laptops in general are fundamentally faulted and complicated next to desktop PCs.

It really is worth coming to a compromise with your brother and convincing your parents.
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:18
Regular
My brother is being an so and so and is insisting on getting a laptop, nothing I can do about it.
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Bruised wrote:
> could I get an amazing PC for £800 - £1100?

Yes, especially if you build it yourself.
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:11
Regular
Exactly what I have said to my parents. They still arent having it! hahaha.
But please! I need help!
I will try and persuade them towards a PC instead of a laptop.
Where could I get a decent gaming laptop for £1100 or under
could I get an amazing PC for £800 - £1100?
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:08
Regular
"Teal'c"
Just put it in neither of your rooms and get a much better and cheaper PC.
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:07
Regular
That's your only reason?

Put it in the living room or something. Trust me, you only want to get a laptop if there's no other option.
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:06
Regular
mav wrote:
> must it be a laptop?

yes.
Me and my brother are buying it together and my parents are insisting on getting a laptop as they think getting a PC would cause arguments over who's room it goes in.

(sorry for all the posting, the layout of this topic isnt what I am usually used to).
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:04
Regular
yes.
Me and my brother are buying it together and my parents are insisting on getting a laptop as they think getting a PC would cause arguments over who's room it goes in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.