GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/09/04 at 14:11
Regular
Am I the only one who thinks it looks crap?

I mean, "World of Tomorrow" - crap title. Surely if it is based in the future, then to the people in the film, the world is that of the present?

As for it being done entirely in blue screen except for the odd bit of acting. That would normally be fine if it didn't look like videogame FMV.
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:35
Regular
"For One Night Only"
But most-probably won't be.
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:29
Regular
It's getting pretty decent reviews from the States.

I'll keep an open mind and see for myself, the trailer doesn't look too bad to me. Kind of a parody of the style old b-movies, it won't be oscar winning stuff but it could be fun.
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:10
Regular
"For One Night Only"
... looks s**t

And there is nothing attractive about Angelina Jolie!
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's like they sellotaped Jude Law's face to the film reel of The Iron Giant.
Sun 19/09/04 at 11:01
Regular
It looks really pants. It's just completely slapped in CG, and looks really, really awful.
Sun 19/09/04 at 10:44
Regular
It looks amusing in a Flash Gordon-type way. Although whenever I see Paltrow I just want to beat her down, saying "What's she called, Apple? No. No. No."
Sun 19/09/04 at 10:21
Regular
"not dead"
I'm with Edgy, it looks crap and has a rubbish name.
Sat 18/09/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Milky Milky"
It's called "World Of Tomorrow" because it's design is based on all those "World Of Tomorrow" type future shows they used to have in america in the 50's...those ones that showed you flying cadillacs and stuff.
Sat 18/09/04 at 18:22
Regular
Mystique wrote:

>
> It's because they've made it how people from the 1940s thought the
> future would look.

Which therefore has no relevance to the story and is still a stupid title.
Sat 18/09/04 at 16:59
Regular
All I can remember about Bulletprood Monk is the way that everyone spins backwards uncontrollably when they're hit. Strange.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.