GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 4 enters "blatant cheat" mode!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Mon 17/01/05 at 22:47
"High polygon count"
So there we are, me and my mate Chris, continuing our season on Pro Evo 4, as we do every Monday and Thursay evening.

We put together a luvverly move, culminating in a cracking strike at goal from around 20 yards, which flies past the keeper's outstretched fingertips, clips the outside of the post and goes off for a goal kick.

"Right," thinks Pro Evo 4, "I'm not bloody having that!"

It then proceeds to take the goal kick... but there are no control markers on the screen... neither me or Chris have any control over any player... we can't even pause the game... all the buttons are dead!

So the CPU team knock the ball around our team, all the way up to the other end... where mysteriously we also have NO GOALKEEPER!

Ladies and gentlemen - I give you Pro Evo 4's Blatant Cheat mode!

By some amazing fluke the CPU team manage not to score, and instead kick it behind for a goal kick... at which point our keeper re-appears, and we have control again.

The game finishes at 0-0, and it's just as well - otherwise my PS2 would have been out the window.

Anyone else had this happen?
Wed 19/01/05 at 19:40
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Blank wrote:
> Once I reach the number 1 spot, I'll crank up the difficulty a bit.
> I'm always a bit wary of doing that though. It comes from the
> original ISS Pro on the PS1. Altering the difficulty on that simply
> added handicaps to your team - ie if two men went up for the ball in
> the air, the man from the opposing team would always get it. It
> didn't actually make them any better, just put you at a disadvantage.
> Since then I've always chosen to play as worse and worse teams
> against better and better teams rather than putting the difficulty
> right up.

Number 1 takes forever, because the rankings go back for 8 years.

As for increasing the difficulty, it was completely true for 2 and 3 that you just got disadvantaged, however I honestly believe it's changed for 4. It appears that better players play better, think more and take better shots. Instead of past games where your players just became muppets.
Wed 19/01/05 at 19:37
Regular
Like all of my game in PES4 I use the first half to learn their pattern so that in the second half I can use that as an advantage and score.
Wed 19/01/05 at 18:16
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Japanese and South Korean players to start with.

They'll always sign for you, plus there's a lot of pretty good talent in there for very cheap prices.

Only if you're playing on difficult levels, though. If you're playing on lower difficulty settings then you should be quite easily able to sign everyone you want.
Wed 19/01/05 at 17:32
Regular
"Bicycle"
I've only attempted the Master League once - but I flailed.

Mainly because I don't know who to buy! I mean... It's just...

[cries]

So hard...
Wed 19/01/05 at 16:44
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I've been playing at on 3 stars. I've pretty much pwned the Master League - won the second division first time round without losing a match (and won the cup), had a bit of a hiccup in the first D1 season as I only came third (although again won the cup), but won the second D1 season by about ten points. Lost one game in that. And won the cup and the WEFA championships. I'm just playing it through until I get to the top of the WEFA rankings now. Which will probably be the next time they're updated, as I'm just winning everything. My squad is better than it needs to be to win everything, and I've got so much money I could pretty much buy anyone I wanted.

Once I reach the number 1 spot, I'll crank up the difficulty a bit. I'm always a bit wary of doing that though. It comes from the original ISS Pro on the PS1. Altering the difficulty on that simply added handicaps to your team - ie if two men went up for the ball in the air, the man from the opposing team would always get it. It didn't actually make them any better, just put you at a disadvantage. Since then I've always chosen to play as worse and worse teams against better and better teams rather than putting the difficulty right up.

I tried a six star match the other day after playing on three stars for ages; it was more difficult, and they've definitely made the handicaps more subtle. I was playing as Real Madrid (gimme a break, it was my first six star match) and Zidane was running at a snail's pace. And this was in the first half, before fatigue kicked in.
Tue 18/01/05 at 23:36
Regular
"The Red Shift"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I scored the greatest goal the other day... hit from my own half
> player ran on and volleyed it over the keeper's head... off the
> crossbar and in.
>
> Forgot to save it though.

You're lucky. I don't ever have enough space on either of my memory cards to save things any more. A couple of volleys, headers and freekicks have gone unsaved.
:'{
Tue 18/01/05 at 23:35
Regular
"The Red Shift"
For 2 player, when I'm with someone, they don't so much hog it as annoy me with their stupid decisions. I'll try not to boast, but I have good vision and a footballing brain. This helps with knowing where to pass, what to do, etc.

:D

I once beat my friend (reasonable- but worse than me) at PES3...

...Oh did I forget to mention that I had someone who'd never played it before, or any PES game before...

...Who was purposefully trying to get all our players sent off...

...Final score 4-3 to us, with me scoring a scorcher in the 91st minute.

Unbelievable.

Looking at all that, I can now see why even though I can pick out loads of flaws, the game keeps me coming back for more.
:)
Tue 18/01/05 at 22:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I scored the greatest goal the other day... hit from my own half player ran on and volleyed it over the keeper's head... off the crossbar and in.

Forgot to save it though.
Tue 18/01/05 at 22:11
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yeah, the difficulty really sets it apart from any of FIFA's recent offerings (which I've had the misfortune to be forced to play)...

But 2 player is... Well, I'm not really sure if it's harder or easier. You get the odd benefit (the stunning goal, the saving tackle) but too often I find them "hogging it".

But that's just because I'm better :D...
Tue 18/01/05 at 22:07
Regular
"The Red Shift"
AfroJoe wrote:
> I'm doing really well on 6-star in my Master League, actually. Not too
> much of a step up from 5-star

Same as me AJ. Good stuff. I consistently win something, but it rotates between the 3 tournaments. Often I win the WEFA and the League, rarely the Division cup. It truely is a perfect balance of me being able to win in style, whilst still lose other games.

> But yeah, first season promoted I came 5th in the top flight, and
> this season I've won all matches so far. All two of them, but meh.
> :-D

Ha. I came 2nd in D1 first season with Arsenal (mainly youth and reserves) + Kaka.

> Dunno, if you're having problems, it's obvious you've either been
> playing other football games (which REALLY seems to effect that way
> some people play PES, strangely), or I'm just much sadder than the
> rest of you. :-)

That's true.

The thing that annoys me is that I seem to dig out a great result and then do crap in the next game.

Example from tonight:

Galatasaray 1 : 0 Me
Galatasaray 1 : 1 Me
Galatasaray 2 : 1 Me
Galatasaray 2 : 2 Me
Galatasaray 2 : 3 Me
Galatasaray 2 : 4 Me

Next game:

Chelsea 0 : 0 Me

A crap game aswell.
:|

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.