GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil 4 jisms"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Tue 18/01/05 at 18:15
Regular
OMG etc

jisms:
everything

Slightly bad:
Leon takes up a lot of the screen

This game is teh roxor. I've been walking through an off track pathway shooting out angry french people's kneecaps so they go down quicker. No more sissy auto aim. Then as they collapse to their knees I run up and round house kick them across the face.

Then I arrived at the village, got mobbed by villagers with pitchforks and scythes. My clip ran out and there was no time to reload (you can't do that inventory reload 'cheat' now either) so I ran across the village and headed into a house and barricaded the door. Cue loony paper bag man appearing and waving a chainsaw around, other villagers bring ladders and set them up to the upstairs window.

I ponce around looking for items and chainsaw man cuts through my wooden barricade, narrowly avoiding him I run up stairs and grab a shotgun off the wall. Seeing villagers climbing the ladder and starting to get in the room I realised I'm trapped, so I run into a corner between the bed where they can't get behind me and pull out the shotgun.

Unfortunatly I was a bit too slow and chainsaw man promptly decapitates me, blood gushes everywhere and 'You Are Dead' appears on the screen.

You want this game.

Also of note, walking into a shack to find a woman pinned a few feet off the ground by means of a pitchfork through the face, "No sex discrimination here" says Leon..
Page:
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:10
"period drama"
I find the water one with the platforms the easiest - you can usually find a safe place to turn around and rack up some decent combos in. And there's loads of exploding barells, which are a godsend for the double-chainsaw guy (argh!)
Sun 08/05/05 at 18:30
Regular
"The definitive tag"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> You have to play Mercenaries differently that the main game, that's
> the main problem I had with it. Like in that bit in the big hall with
> all the monks (main game), you just run into the room and wait for
> them to come looking for some shotgun. But in Mercenaries, you have
> to go to them most of the time or you'll run out of time.

I think I'll keep playing the first Mercenaries level to unlock all of the characters. There's a very handy ninety second time bonus right next to another one that gives you more points for every enemy you kill within the next thirty seconds.

Those chainsaw women are really tough though. Very annoying that your head comes off after only one swipe.
Sun 08/05/05 at 18:03
Regular
"the burning sky"
Cycloon wrote:
> When Ashlee turns the crank, and the stairs come down...and there
> were like 6 monks with scythes coming at me, and I had about 5 rounds
> of anything left.
>
> Lucky rifle round finished them all off :D

Got slaughtered by them the first time I managed to get that far on Pro. Wasnt very happy :P I found making Ashley turn it and standing behind her, will make sure she ducks when I aimed at them. Very useful. :P
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tomm wrote:
> Rickoss wrote:
> Played it for the first time in ages yesterday. The bit just after
> the
> blind prisoner is funking impossible.
>
> Quite. I juist ended up legging it to the room with the two pressure
> pads, and shot anything that came thro' the door/hole in ceiling.
> Then when everything seemed quiet, ran outside, just to trigger a
> load more monks...

This on pro?

Loved that bit, was proper full on action horror.

When Ashlee turns the crank, and the stairs come down...and there were like 6 monks with scythes coming at me, and I had about 5 rounds of anything left.

Lucky rifle round finished them all off :D
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:17
"period drama"
You have to play Mercenaries differently that the main game, that's the main problem I had with it. Like in that bit in the big hall with all the monks (main game), you just run into the room and wait for them to come looking for some shotgun. But in Mercenaries, you have to go to them most of the time or you'll run out of time.
Sun 08/05/05 at 13:03
Regular
"the burning sky"
Rickoss wrote:
> Played it for the first time in ages yesterday. The bit just after the
> blind prisoner is funking impossible.

Quite. I juist ended up legging it to the room with the two pressure pads, and shot anything that came thro' the door/hole in ceiling. Then when everything seemed quiet, ran outside, just to trigger a load more monks...
Sun 08/05/05 at 12:53
Regular
"The definitive tag"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> You've finished the game twice and haven't played Mercanaries?
> Ttutututut. Get to it.

Agghhh. It's quite hard. Managed to unlock Ada but her weapons are sh**.
Sun 08/05/05 at 10:55
Regular
Played it for the first time in ages yesterday. The bit just after the blind prisoner is funking impossible.
Sat 07/05/05 at 22:58
Regular
"thursdayton!"
J-42 wrote:
> Mine arrived today.
>
> Wow. Just wow.

Bit late to the party :P But yeh, enjoy.

And I hope you're playing on "Normal"?
Sat 07/05/05 at 22:55
"period drama"
You've finished the game twice and haven't played Mercanaries?
Ttutututut. Get to it.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.