GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stick to the Limit!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/09/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Long time no see!"
www.sticktothelimit.com

I came across this a few weeks ago in my local 'papar, and it seems one woman has found her own way of dealing with those ever-impatient white van-drivers (as a typical example), beeping and effing and blinding at you in occupance of your full rear-view mirror.

Sure, it is "just a sticker", but, as was said a few weeks ago in the 'paper, she has seen in-a-rush-to-nowhere drivers take notice of her back window and, instead, opt to (usually) overtake or shutup.

And, for those of you interested, I got my sticker this morning. :)

No, I don't have a single point on my license. I've only just had my full license for a full three-months - but, you see, that's part of the reason why I got one.

Like any other new driver on the roads, I don't want any points.
As harsh as the Goverment are, gaining 6 points within 2 years of passing your test means you have to re-apply for and re-take all those tests all over again! I don't want that. At 5 tests, it took me long enough to get it first-time around! The Goverment are just out there to screw us over ("Obviously!").

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it an automatic 3 points for an average speeding offence caught on camera? One mile-an-hour over, and you're halfway already there! All because, some A-hole's driving up your backside... (Until they change things, anyway)

I think it's quite a simple-yet-effective idea. I'll be interested to see how things work out, and how other drivers react to me now. I like to stick to the limit as it is (away from motorways...). I'll let you know...

Call it what you like, but, for only £2, it gives us "Little People" a platform for us in our little 'stand' against the Goverment. :I

(I think the known image of a speed-camera is enough to threaten any driver today.)
Tue 14/09/04 at 17:00
Lawrence wrote:
> lcarus wrote:
> Lawrence wrote:
> I can see why people get speeding tickets because it's dangerous to
> other people but how is stopping in a bus lane dangerous to other
> people?
>
> *cough* Clever you.
>
> Just saying i can't see why, care to explain it to me rather than
> make a sarcastic comment?

Sure.

----------------------

Unauthorized vehicles in bus zones are an inconvenience to transit drivers and a potential hazard for both pedestrians and motorists. Here’s what can happen when a motorist leaves their vehicle in a bus zone to use a bank machine or to buy a cup of coffee.

1. People with physical challenges are forced to board or leave the bus on the roadway instead of curbside.

2.Buses equipped with wheelchair lifts are designed for loading and unloading at curb heights. People confined to wheelchairs or with other physical limitations may not be able to board/exit the bus safely.

3. A bus forced to load or unload passengers on the roadway blocks the flow of traffic for other motorists. Vehicles behind the bus are forced to wait or merge into another lane.

4. A bus forced to pull into a small portion of the bus zone may overhang into a crosswalk or intersection. This forces passengers to unload into an unsafe spot, pushes other pedestrians out of the crosswalk and creates visibility problems for motorists.

Hope that's cleared things up.
Tue 14/09/04 at 16:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Cost me £4 on the train today and £2 on the subway.
Tue 14/09/04 at 16:46
Regular
The best sticker is the one that says "If you can read this I'm going to brake quickly and sue you"

Drivers suck, but then, no-one uses public transport as it's so fecking expesnsive.

it costs me 3 quid for a return far to Glasgow, which is only about 8 or 9 miles away "As the crow flies" So at an average 33p a mile, it would cost me 150 quid or so to get to London via train. Rip off.
Tue 14/09/04 at 16:28
Regular
Speed Camera's are irritating.

But nothing annoys me more then Speed Humps, Some are little gentle bumps, others are great big feck-off mountains that can cause potential damage to your car if you drive over anything more then 15mph! And then you've got the middle-aged business men with their "Ultra high suspensioned Merc's or Range Rovers" who get irritated when you drive slowly around speed humped areas.

Hmph.
Tue 14/09/04 at 16:20
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Hmmm so in theory a rear car window can tell you; slow down you may get caught by a speed camera; to crash into another vehicle that hasn't got a baby on board if you are speeding and lose control; that Cornishmen do it drekly; and that their other car is better than the one that they are currently in.
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I totally agree. Only been driving 2 weeks and absolutely everybody (mostly older woman in family cars) have been right up my backside when I've been doing 31/32 mph.

It really annoys me and can puts me under pressure. So far, people have overtaken me at roundabouts/bus lanes.

Bah, then they say that young folk are the bad drivers.
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:37
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
lcarus wrote:
> Lawrence wrote:
> people?
>
> *cough* Clever you.

Just saying i can't see why, care to explain it to me rather than make a sarcastic comment?
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:37
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
lcarus wrote:
> Lawrence wrote:
>
>
> In my high street my friend got a £50 fine for stopping in a
> bus lane for about 2 seconds. She only stopped so we could get a
> phone number off the chinese shop. Fair enough if she parked there
> but she had only stopped for 2 seconds.
>
> 2 seconds to take get out of the car, get a number and then get back
> in? Sure.
>
>
> people?
>
> *cough* Clever you.

I don't drive,and when i am in a car i just sit and pay no attention to anything else!

And yeah it took 2 seconds since we never got out the car. Where i come from some shops have their number on the front.............
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:35
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Ashley wrote:
> Lawrence wrote:
> I don't *think* that you do get 3 points for getting caught speeding
> just a fine..
>
> yeah you do, any speedingf offence equals 3 points at the mo. doing
> excessive speeding i.e 25 miles an hour over the limit earns you
> double reward points.
>
> a little bit more and you get a free day in court

w00t!
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:30
Lawrence wrote:

>
> In my high street my friend got a £50 fine for stopping in a
> bus lane for about 2 seconds. She only stopped so we could get a
> phone number off the chinese shop. Fair enough if she parked there
> but she had only stopped for 2 seconds.

2 seconds to take get out of the car, get a number and then get back in? Sure.

>
> people?

*cough* Clever you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.