GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stick to the Limit!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/09/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Long time no see!"
www.sticktothelimit.com

I came across this a few weeks ago in my local 'papar, and it seems one woman has found her own way of dealing with those ever-impatient white van-drivers (as a typical example), beeping and effing and blinding at you in occupance of your full rear-view mirror.

Sure, it is "just a sticker", but, as was said a few weeks ago in the 'paper, she has seen in-a-rush-to-nowhere drivers take notice of her back window and, instead, opt to (usually) overtake or shutup.

And, for those of you interested, I got my sticker this morning. :)

No, I don't have a single point on my license. I've only just had my full license for a full three-months - but, you see, that's part of the reason why I got one.

Like any other new driver on the roads, I don't want any points.
As harsh as the Goverment are, gaining 6 points within 2 years of passing your test means you have to re-apply for and re-take all those tests all over again! I don't want that. At 5 tests, it took me long enough to get it first-time around! The Goverment are just out there to screw us over ("Obviously!").

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it an automatic 3 points for an average speeding offence caught on camera? One mile-an-hour over, and you're halfway already there! All because, some A-hole's driving up your backside... (Until they change things, anyway)

I think it's quite a simple-yet-effective idea. I'll be interested to see how things work out, and how other drivers react to me now. I like to stick to the limit as it is (away from motorways...). I'll let you know...

Call it what you like, but, for only £2, it gives us "Little People" a platform for us in our little 'stand' against the Goverment. :I

(I think the known image of a speed-camera is enough to threaten any driver today.)
Tue 14/09/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Long time no see!"
www.sticktothelimit.com

I came across this a few weeks ago in my local 'papar, and it seems one woman has found her own way of dealing with those ever-impatient white van-drivers (as a typical example), beeping and effing and blinding at you in occupance of your full rear-view mirror.

Sure, it is "just a sticker", but, as was said a few weeks ago in the 'paper, she has seen in-a-rush-to-nowhere drivers take notice of her back window and, instead, opt to (usually) overtake or shutup.

And, for those of you interested, I got my sticker this morning. :)

No, I don't have a single point on my license. I've only just had my full license for a full three-months - but, you see, that's part of the reason why I got one.

Like any other new driver on the roads, I don't want any points.
As harsh as the Goverment are, gaining 6 points within 2 years of passing your test means you have to re-apply for and re-take all those tests all over again! I don't want that. At 5 tests, it took me long enough to get it first-time around! The Goverment are just out there to screw us over ("Obviously!").

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it an automatic 3 points for an average speeding offence caught on camera? One mile-an-hour over, and you're halfway already there! All because, some A-hole's driving up your backside... (Until they change things, anyway)

I think it's quite a simple-yet-effective idea. I'll be interested to see how things work out, and how other drivers react to me now. I like to stick to the limit as it is (away from motorways...). I'll let you know...

Call it what you like, but, for only £2, it gives us "Little People" a platform for us in our little 'stand' against the Goverment. :I

(I think the known image of a speed-camera is enough to threaten any driver today.)
Tue 14/09/04 at 13:58
Regular
me and ortega gave this issue a large debate on the old speed limits last night, whilst agreeing that speed camera's in built up areas were fairplay, as if you speed you are generallyendangering safety and life, and if you chose to take the risk then the punishment is fair enough (with in reason) i'd be pisssed off for a ticket for being 2 or 3 miles over the limit but vastly over the limit and i suppose you can't complain hugely as you know the risk. i would do, but if you are ten over the limit you do know your doing it.

I just hate the way they pretend to do it for safety. Berkshire one of my counties is a basttard den of camera's and they just blatantly want cash. Hampshire is gods own country hardly any camera's just sensible policing they have some speed traps and traffic light enforcement and stuff and what a surprise, who has the faster improving and superior safety ratings?

Dual carriageways and motorways are on the other hand are stupid, dual carriage ways in non build up areas should have a certain level of leniency and punisment for a few miles over the limit is ridiculous. Punishing people on motorways is the most ridiculous, I agree with absolutely bollockking people doing 100 miles an hour plus, but 80-90 miles an hour is not a major offence compared to say 36/37 in a 30.

speeding is a silly offence but needs to be policed properly in the right ways. Punish the dangerous offenders, but don't be ridiculously harsh on the minor less dangerous offenders who are just grabbed for money

Oh and by the way i have zero points and always try and stick to the limit, especially in built up areas
Tue 14/09/04 at 14:47
Regular
My friend was killed because someone was speeding through the town centre.

Was terrible, she had only just turned 18.

My mate has been caught going 1 or 2 miles over the limit several times but rarely gets in trouble for it.
Tue 14/09/04 at 14:50
We should ban cars in most city centres. Everything's within walking distance anyway.
Tue 14/09/04 at 14:57
Regular
as i said speeding in built up areas is pretty inexcusable. I also think if we have laws on dangerous driving we should have proper laws on dangerous pedestrianism, the majority of on road pedestrian deaths are more due to irresponsible actions of the pedestrian rather than the driver
Tue 14/09/04 at 14:59
Regular
oh and the new proposed speed limit laws look promising solskjaer.

you only get 2 points for being slightly over the speed limit with a smaller fine. with remaining heavier points for larger offenders.
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:01
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I don't *think* that you do get 3 points for getting caught speeding just a fine..

What pis$es me off more than speeding is bus lane cameras!

In my high street my friend got a £50 fine for stopping in a bus lane for about 2 seconds. She only stopped so we could get a phone number off the chinese shop. Fair enough if she parked there but she had only stopped for 2 seconds.

I can see why people get speeding tickets because it's dangerous to other people but how is stopping in a bus lane dangerous to other people? It's just inconvienient to buses, but they can be inconvienient to drivers too and they don't get parking tickets!
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:14
Regular
LOL at that sticker.

I'd never deface my car with a picture of a *spits*
speed camera
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:25
Regular
Lawrence wrote:
> I don't *think* that you do get 3 points for getting caught speeding
> just a fine..
>
yeah you do, any speedingf offence equals 3 points at the mo. doing excessive speeding i.e 25 miles an hour over the limit earns you double reward points.

a little bit more and you get a free day in court
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:30
Lawrence wrote:

>
> In my high street my friend got a £50 fine for stopping in a
> bus lane for about 2 seconds. She only stopped so we could get a
> phone number off the chinese shop. Fair enough if she parked there
> but she had only stopped for 2 seconds.

2 seconds to take get out of the car, get a number and then get back in? Sure.

>
> I can see why people get speeding tickets because it's dangerous to
> other people but how is stopping in a bus lane dangerous to other
> people?

*cough* Clever you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.