GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars DVD - it seems I was wrong"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/09/04 at 22:50
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Because Lucas has changed all three films again for the DVD release. The latest tinkerings include...

A new, new CGI Jabba
Han dodges Greedo's blast (who still shoots first)
A short scene featuring Naboo (and [shivers] Gungans) on Jedi
Luke doesn't scream when he falls any more
Boba Fett's voice is now Temeura Morrisons
Ian McDiarmid is now the emporer

and yes...

Hayden Christensen does appear at the end of Jedi as a ghost, not Sebastian Shaw (although Shaw is still the one unmasked in ROTJ, albeit without eyebrows now)

[URL]http://www.comingsoon.net/news/dvdreviewsnews.php?id=6337[/URL]
A good review of it here, although it's not harsh enough in my opinion - if he doesn't stop playing around with his old movies, we'll end up with Jar Jar navigating the trench on the Death Star rather than Luke.

Should probably order this soon then, but the cynic inside me says wait for the inevitable 10-disc box set that'll come out after Episode III hits DVD at Xmas next year.
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:45
Regular
Dringo wrote:

> Han and Greebo shoot AT the same time though... meaning Han didn't
> retaliate...

Are you sure they shoot at the same time? [URL]http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwars/4-04A-2004.jpg[/URL] I havent seen it yet but look at the screenshot of them firing it's plainly obvious that Greedo's blast was fired first unless it travels faster than Han's.

Greedo's blast has just struck the wall while Hans is only half way towards hitting Greedo so I cant see how people are saying they both fired at the same time. Sure Greedo fired first and then Hans fires one back very quickly.
Tue 14/09/04 at 14:15
Regular
But if you were going to be a Ghost you'd like to come back as a healthy looking man. Not a scared, burnt ugly little sod. Obi was fine when he passed over, but if I was Anakin I'd much rather go back to how he looked before he turned to the darkside.

Don't go on what the books say though. Some of the changes have damaged what they say.

Han and Greebo shoot AT the same time though... meaning Han didn't retaliate...

I guess that's a good compromise.
Tue 14/09/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
Oh no.... From Mytiques sight I can see why he has improved the additions from the 1997 release, but why add Hayden to the final seen?

If what Snuggly's choice of website says is true (that a person retains there final jedi image) then surely Anakin would still be as in the original.

If you read a couple of the books, Shadows of the Emperor especially, it tells that darth vader was not entirely given to the dark side, although his eternal quest was to eradicated this piece of light within him (and hence he could begin to use the dark side to heal his wounds)

It is this that undoes him in the final scenes with the emperor, and the reason that Luke try to save him. So for the final minutes of the film, he had given himself over to the jedi and light side again.

At least, thats how I see it
Tue 14/09/04 at 09:29
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> Leave Jabba alone, knobface.

stfu
Tue 14/09/04 at 00:39
Regular
Your lack of faith is disturbing...
Mon 13/09/04 at 23:41
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Leave Jabba alone, knobface.
Mon 13/09/04 at 17:38
"Darth Vader 3442321"
There is an [allegedly] deleted scene that I would like to see (a real one). In ROTJ Vader is told by the Emperor to return to his command ship until is his summonsed. However Vader disobeys when he senses Luke in the stolen Imperial ship heading for Endor and returns to tell the his master. However when he returns, a couple of the Imperial Guard (wearing the Red uniforms) won't let him gain access to see the Emperor, so he kills both of them.
Mon 13/09/04 at 16:42
Regular
The best Jabba is still the original one in RotJ just goes to show that CGI has a long way to go because it still looks very crap and though better than the last I suppose.
Mon 13/09/04 at 16:36
Regular
The new Jabba looks terrible.
Mon 13/09/04 at 16:18
Regular
the sagacious one wrote:
> Vader's voice has been entirely re-dubbed by Samuel L Jackson.

Woo.l Sammy J. Shame you're making it up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.