GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars DVD - it seems I was wrong"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/09/04 at 22:50
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Because Lucas has changed all three films again for the DVD release. The latest tinkerings include...

A new, new CGI Jabba
Han dodges Greedo's blast (who still shoots first)
A short scene featuring Naboo (and [shivers] Gungans) on Jedi
Luke doesn't scream when he falls any more
Boba Fett's voice is now Temeura Morrisons
Ian McDiarmid is now the emporer

and yes...

Hayden Christensen does appear at the end of Jedi as a ghost, not Sebastian Shaw (although Shaw is still the one unmasked in ROTJ, albeit without eyebrows now)

[URL]http://www.comingsoon.net/news/dvdreviewsnews.php?id=6337[/URL]
A good review of it here, although it's not harsh enough in my opinion - if he doesn't stop playing around with his old movies, we'll end up with Jar Jar navigating the trench on the Death Star rather than Luke.

Should probably order this soon then, but the cynic inside me says wait for the inevitable 10-disc box set that'll come out after Episode III hits DVD at Xmas next year.
Sun 12/09/04 at 22:50
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Because Lucas has changed all three films again for the DVD release. The latest tinkerings include...

A new, new CGI Jabba
Han dodges Greedo's blast (who still shoots first)
A short scene featuring Naboo (and [shivers] Gungans) on Jedi
Luke doesn't scream when he falls any more
Boba Fett's voice is now Temeura Morrisons
Ian McDiarmid is now the emporer

and yes...

Hayden Christensen does appear at the end of Jedi as a ghost, not Sebastian Shaw (although Shaw is still the one unmasked in ROTJ, albeit without eyebrows now)

[URL]http://www.comingsoon.net/news/dvdreviewsnews.php?id=6337[/URL]
A good review of it here, although it's not harsh enough in my opinion - if he doesn't stop playing around with his old movies, we'll end up with Jar Jar navigating the trench on the Death Star rather than Luke.

Should probably order this soon then, but the cynic inside me says wait for the inevitable 10-disc box set that'll come out after Episode III hits DVD at Xmas next year.
Sun 12/09/04 at 23:01
Regular
why the £#&@ would he do that? :S damnit

I'm really not keen on all these changes, I would rather have the originals on DVD. Not sure what this screaming Luke thing, I dont think I cared, I'm sure I would scream if I was falling.

Soon good VHS tapings of the originals will sell well on ebay I imagine.
Sun 12/09/04 at 23:48
Regular
These extensions actually sound pretty good, especially for continuity sakes.
Mon 13/09/04 at 00:05
Regular
[URL]http://freewebhosting.hostdepartment.com/s/starwarstrilogydvd/main.html[/URL]

Above is a link to a site that shows comparisons between the last modification and the new one on the DVD. Click on the movie number to see the changes made.
Mon 13/09/04 at 08:58
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
poke wrote:

> Soon good VHS tapings of the originals will sell well on ebay I
> imagine.

Mmmm that's what i'm waiting for! Had mine locked up for a while in the attic now :)
Mon 13/09/04 at 14:37
Regular
WOO! Mine was posted on Friday!
Mon 13/09/04 at 15:16
Regular
[URL]http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwarschanges.html[/URL]

A few changes on there that the other site missed.
Mon 13/09/04 at 15:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Some good, some not so good, some f**king terrible. Amazing what they can do though.

And this picture just screams "First I got Lucas, and now my dead Jedi ass is coming for you": [URL]http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwars/6-03-2004.jpg[/URL]

[EDIT: also, the reason for him being so young is that it was his last true self, or some other nonsense. Rubbish, he was all angry and murdery. His last true self was when he was that little kid - that would be much more...gooder?]
Mon 13/09/04 at 16:11
Regular
I really dont see why they needed to change the ghost, I mean he looks like an old man when he's dying, why bother changing it? Some changes are okay though that people wouldnt really care about anyway but the big changes :S no thanks.
Mon 13/09/04 at 16:11
"Darth Vader 3442321"
The worst changes are as follows: Chewie has been completely removed [digitally] and replaced by a young Gungan called Jir-Jir Binks, son of Jar Jar. Harrison Ford is rumoured to be "extremely angry" that someone has redubbed some of his lines to make this work. Ditto Carrie Fisher.

The Chess game scene has been altered significantly and Han now tells C3PO that he shouldn't let RD D2 beat Jir-Jir because he's "taught us all the true meaning of love".

Vader's voice has been entirely re-dubbed by Samuel L Jackson.

The Millenium Falcon is now refered to as the "Patriot"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.