GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 is weak"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/09/04 at 16:15
Regular
"Nicolaj"
PS2 is weaker then the X-Box console why? because the X-Box have better grapics and better sound
Mon 13/09/04 at 23:50
Regular
Aye, I'm sure there were more than one on the NES...but don't hold me to that and I'm too tired to check.
Tue 14/09/04 at 00:21
Regular
There were 2 Metal Gear games for the NES...

1 for the PS1...

1 for the GBC...

1 for the X-box

1 for the Gamecube

and 1 for the PS2 with another one to come.

In fact even if you include the upcoming PSP title Nintendo have just as many Metal Gear games as Sony.

As for the X-box being better than the PS2 I actually disagree. The X-box is a console for First Person shooters and racers.... other consoles beat in every other department.

But if you like FPS' and Racers then X-box is obviously going to be better for you.

Gamecube out performs them all though :P
Tue 14/09/04 at 00:27
Regular
Cube doesn't out perform XBox in the RPG stakes or the fighting games. Infact the only place it does is platforming games and the Pikmin genre.

But anyway, enough of that.
Tue 14/09/04 at 00:54
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Edgy wrote:
> Aye, I'm sure there were more than one on the NES...but don't hold me
> to that and I'm too tired to check.

Okay well I'll take your word for it as dringo said there were 2 for the nes.
Tue 14/09/04 at 01:07
Regular
Xbox is the best piece of hardware.

PS2 is the most innovative hardware.

Neither really matter unless they have good games, which I think there are equal amounts of on the Xbox and PS2.

Xbox Live kicks the ass out of the PS2 online.

As for limited scope of games on the Xbox, looking down my list I have:

FPSs;
Halo
Uneal Championship
Ghost Recon
Counter Strike
Doom 3 (on order)
Halo 2 (on order)

Flying;
Crimson skies

Driving
PGR2
Sega GT 2002

Fighting
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO
Dead Or Alive 3

Football
Pro Evo 4 (on order)

RPG
Fable (on wish list, money dependent)

Misc
Jet Set Radio Future
Quantum Redshift

So, to say the Xbox only has FPS games is unfair as I own more games of other types than FPS. There are also plenty of games which I owned on my PS2 which I could easily have bought for the Xbox if I wasn't so tight fisted.

Like Beyond Good and Evil, bought on sale. Prince Of Persia (2nd hand), GTA double pack (out on PS2 first), Onimusha, MGS2.

The list goes on.
Tue 14/09/04 at 01:17
Regular
"Jackpot!"
You need to get burnout 3, if you don't know much on it then check my review, it should tell you a few things.
Tue 14/09/04 at 01:19
Regular
I can't afford Burnout.

I want Fable, Doom 3, Pro Evo 4, Halo 2 spec ed and GTA San Andreas in the next couple of months :D
Tue 14/09/04 at 01:20
Regular
"Jackpot!"
I have doom 3 on pc but I need a decent graphics card to play it. Halo 2 looks cool though.
Tue 14/09/04 at 01:27
Regular
"Bicycle"
Get a Radeon 9600XT.

Brillant card.
Tue 14/09/04 at 01:29
Regular
"Jackpot!"
oh right it's a bit expensive. My dad moans with having to pay £100

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.