GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Arsenal- How further can they go?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/09/04 at 11:33
Regular
how many games do you think arsenal will go unbeaten.
Sun 12/09/04 at 19:46
Regular
"Colourless"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Well, if that's all it takes to float your boat, you're welcome to
> it!

I do love the way Arsenal fans talk about that night as if it meant nothing to them.... :P
Sun 12/09/04 at 20:57
"High polygon count"
Not at all - of course it meant something. But it so obviously meant so much more to Chelsea because of the way you go on about it! It stopped meaning anything to me when Monaco knocked you out.

As I said, if you had gone on to win the CL, you'd have something substantial to gloat about. But you still fell at the next - many would say significantly easier - hurdle, and ended up with no trophy. That significantly lessens the blow for us, and effectively gives us the last laugh!

United put us out of the FA Cup and went on to win it. As we did to them the season before. At least the two of us got a trophy as a result! :-)
Sun 12/09/04 at 21:01
Regular
"Colourless"
Colourless wrote:
> Are you kidding?
>
> That is a night no Chelsea fan will ever forget. We knocked the
> Gooners out of the CL at Highbury.....
>
> The satisfaction and pure joy of that night is what matters.
Sun 12/09/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> A 1000 game non-losing streak will go a long way to making sure we're
> lifting it for the next few decades, so I'll take that!

Not heard of draws then Wookie? 38 points a season, you'll be lucky to stay up :-D

It could be
> a while before United lift it again once, let alone twice.

Hmmm where did i hear this before? Ah yes all over the papers every time Arsenal won the Premiership, please Wookie i'm having some selective amnesia here, what happened the season after each time? :-D

> The way things are at the moment, you'll need to lift the Coca Cola
> Championship trophy before you lift the Premiership again!

I'd like to see how you do with more than half of your first team out through injuries or bans. Done pretty well to only lose once i feel, and that was against Roman's millions
Sun 12/09/04 at 21:13
"High polygon count"
Colourless wrote:
> Colourless wrote:
> Are you kidding?
>
> That is a night no Chelsea fan will ever forget. We knocked the
> Gooners out of the CL at Highbury.....
>
> The satisfaction and pure joy of that night is what matters.

Repeating yourself only makes it seem more desperate.
Sun 12/09/04 at 21:28
Regular
"Colourless"
Haha.

You made the same comment again (trying to show you weren't upset about the defeat) therefore I gave the same reply.
Sun 12/09/04 at 21:51
"High polygon count"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Not heard of draws then Wookie? 38 points a season, you'll be lucky
> to stay up :-D

Yes, but there are unlikely to be many of those, are there? Well, not for us anyway... you, on the other hand... ;-)

> please Wookie i'm having some selective amnesia here,

A common problem. Most of you forget the years before the Prem, also!

You've not done so well retaining it yourselves lately. Barring our own complacency in the 2002/03 season, you wouldn't have touched the trophy for 4 years now!

> I'd like to see how you do with more than half of your first team out
> through injuries or bans.

Hmm. 5 games in. We have also been without three of our most influential players.

Your best striker has been missing through injury. Ours has been playing with an injury, often a passenger.

Your influential captain has been playing with an injury. Ours didn't play in the first 4, and played about an hour on Saturday.

You're missing your most influential defender. As are we.

Let's be honest - your first team squad isn't what it was anyway. They're all getting on, and the youngsters aren't of the quality you would expect in a United side.

Yesterday you were basically missing RvN and Ferdinand - the rest of your squad was otherwise pretty much as you would expect it would be, given the players you've signed and those you've released over the last couple of seasons.

You once boasted one of the best squads (if not THE best squad) in the Prem, with quality replacements for most positions. At the moment, you're basically missing your best defender and striker, and you're struggling against teams like Everton and Bolton.

You've only your manager to blame for the situation you're in at the moment.
Sun 12/09/04 at 22:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> Yes, but there are unlikely to be many of those, are there? Well,
> not for us anyway... you, on the other hand... ;-)

Hey don't knock, 4 game non-losing streak, we'll be after your record in no time :-D

> You've not done so well retaining it yourselves lately. Barring our
> own complacency in the 2002/03 season, you wouldn't have touched the
> trophy for 4 years now!

Yet fact still remains we do retain it unlike yourselves

> Hmm. 5 games in. We have also been without three of our most
> influential players.

3 is hardly more than half a team, now i know i don't watch the whole of Arsenals games but each time i've seen you in highlights you've been playing with 11 players on the pitch

> Your best striker has been missing through injury. Ours has been
> playing with an injury, often a passenger.

Still playing though is he not? Playing is much better then having him up in the stands

> Your influential captain has been playing with an injury. Ours
> didn't play in the first 4, and played about an hour on Saturday.

He missed a couple of games actually

> You're missing your most influential defender. As are we.

Give you that one :-D

> Let's be honest - your first team squad isn't what it was anyway.
> They're all getting on, and the youngsters aren't of the quality you
> would expect in a United side.

Rooney, Ronaldo, Spector, Smith, O'Shea, yup what a horrible bunch of youngsters we have at Old Trafford at the moment. Please no team will probably ever see the likes of Fergie's fledglings again, that was just a freak occurance, especially not a bunch of english players anyway.

> Yesterday you were basically missing RvN and Ferdinand - the rest of
> your squad was otherwise pretty much as you would expect it would be,
> given the players you've signed and those you've released over the
> last couple of seasons.

Where was G.Neville and Ronaldo? One entire flank gone, hardly something that isn't a problem

> You've only your manager to blame for the situation you're in at the
> moment.

That i will agree with you on, well him and the board
Tue 14/09/04 at 10:25
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
as long as they have the ref from the fulham game then they can go for ages.
Tue 14/09/04 at 10:50
As long as they have ANY referee they'll be fine. They've got that thing Man Utd used to (some would say still do) where referees are too afraid to end their run. Chris Coleman got it spot on, I reckon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.