GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What has happened to Saturday morning television?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/09/04 at 10:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
BBC1:
A couple of cocksuckers, whose Mothers wish they had been sterilised before it was too late and they slipped out the wrong end. Completely dumbed-down version of the Chuckle Brothers, including fart and pee-pee jokes. You know they're only allowed to present so early because they can't get morning wood.

BBC2:
It's not the Fresh Prince, so it doesn't matter.

ITV:
Worse than BBC1, and not a looker in sight. I think this morning was Peter Andre, and one of the losers from S Club 7. Even the kids in the background look depressed.

C4:
Horse Racing from Ascot? Not sure, but that's all that's ever on that channel in the mornings. Got a glimpse of Tranny-World Sport, or whatever, but nothing to really catch my attention. In fact, this is the only channel that hasn't changed over the last 10 years - it still shows the same boring crap.

C5:
Home and Away omnibus. Amazingly it's got worse than Neighbours, and, again, not a looker on show.

Think back to ten years ago, and how great morning TV was. Going Live, Motormouth, even Timmy Mallet was cool back then. Someone at TV headquarters needs a good kick in the teeth.
Sat 11/09/04 at 18:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Motormouth was the daddy, a gigantic game of mousetrap?

Best. Idea. Ever.
Sun 12/09/04 at 13:22
Regular
"thursdayton!"
All went downhill after Ant and Dec departed Saturday mornings.
Sun 12/09/04 at 14:30
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
Zoe Ball and Jamie Theakston were good presenters on Live and Kicking. This was about 6 years ago.

Anyone remember The Noise with Andi Peters?
Sun 12/09/04 at 15:53
Regular
Microchips wrote:
> JFH wrote:
> Bucky O'Hare? That must be the worst cartoon ever. Stupid green
> rabbit.
>
> You're obviously a fool.

I agree he is a fool.
Sun 12/09/04 at 16:52
Regular
"hulagadoo"
munn wrote:
> Ant and Dec onSaturday morning weren't all that bad.
> I miss MASK and Action Force though. And the Turtles.

When you say MASK do you mean the cartoon of the film or M.A.S.K?

I liked the old transformers.
Sun 12/09/04 at 17:46
"period drama"
No, Saturday TV has always sucked ass.
It was only the actual programmes that made it good - Bucky O'Hare, always, + Turtles, + Racoons.

L&K was good, then all went bombshites until SMTV started, which is something of legends.
Sun 12/09/04 at 23:53
Regular
Rubbish, Ant and Dec on SMTV were utter genius'...

The way they made the children excited over silly Pokemon raps... whilst the younger teens knew they were just taking the pi$$.
Mon 13/09/04 at 00:45
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Dringo wrote:
> Rubbish, Ant and Dec on SMTV were utter genius'...
>
> The way they made the children excited over silly Pokemon raps...
> whilst the younger teens knew they were just taking the pi$$.

Other than the bit about taking the pi$$, how right you are.
Mon 13/09/04 at 12:38
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I remember when Bros (at least I think it was Bros or 5 Star, or a group of their ilk) were menaced by some cheeky prankster live on air during the viewer phone-in bit on Going Live.

They need to have more stuff like that on today, with ordinary members of the public venting their outrage and fury at the crap we have to be subjected to on TV nowadays, live on air, with swearing and embarrassed looking pop stars taking the flack they so rightfully deserve.
Mon 13/09/04 at 12:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
That's why Andi Peters invented the Internet, isn't it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.