GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sven is seriously the worst manager ever"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/09/04 at 21:34
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Beckham had an awful game, has been for the last few, and still he starts him and only takes him off when he has a tummy ache. Ugh every one of his balls was headed out at the near post.

Same with Owen, quiet all night and yet he decided to take Defoe off instead. F******g hell, and then when he does he brings on bloody Dyer, leaving us with no one anywhere near their area when all the big clearances came forward.

Why does Sven insist on playing Owen Hargreaves when there are players of the absoulte quality of Joe Cole and Sean WP on the bench? Both are incredible and would do a darn lot more than Hargreaves ever could. Ok, it was late in the game, but still, brinng either on, both quick, get them sprinting down the wing and maybe grab another to win the game.

And before any of you start saying Defoe's was lucky, it was genius. Great turn, great finish, simple as. And he played well, same with Ledley. Oh and Robbo made some great goal kicks ^o)
Fri 10/09/04 at 19:13
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Don't you just love the media?!
(Sometimes....)

It seems, from their points of view, that Sven-Goran Eriksson really can do no right for England. Or, at the very least, certainly no better than any of England's previous managers dating back to '66.

Today, in The Mirror, I read Mark Lawrenson's realisation on the truth. How the FA have "put him on a pedastol" he does not deserve to stand on. How Beckham hasn't had a half-decent game since Greece, 3-years-ago. How he should be dropped. Eriksson's "unhealthy" relationship with the "bomb-proof" player getting through his career the EASY way. He doesn't have to work for a single SECOND to wear England's No.7 anymore. Because of the Swede's favouritisms, truly deserving players like Shaun Wright-Phillips are ignored - and just what kind of message is 'the manager' sending out to youngsters like him?

My sentiments exactly! :)

Gotta love that boring old basta'd.
(That's Lawrenson, not Eriksson!)

;)
Fri 10/09/04 at 14:21
Regular
I think sven is fine, as long as we keep winning I have faith in him.

The England squad has bad spells, but when they are good, they are the best in the world.
Fri 10/09/04 at 10:25
Regular
Sven doesnt like taking a risk with young players or players who play in small clubs unlike good managers like Scolari. So I dont think he is the worst manager but there are better out there especially for the salary he gets. He is the highest paid national team manager yet there are others in the world who can do a better job for a lower salary.
Thu 09/09/04 at 22:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
When a player is hailed as the next Pele like the English press likes to say then when that player doesn't do anything newsworthy or anything to justify that reputation then it's fine to point out his ordinaryness :-D

I am just merely here to keep all the english fans in check and their feet on the ground so they don't think beating Poland is like winning the world cup stuffing Brazil 6-0 and Wayne Rooney having a few good games in the row makes him the best footie player in the world. Tis a government position but all very hush hush, so ermmm keep it a secret eh :-D
Thu 09/09/04 at 22:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
And, it appears, if a striker is off colour for a bit (i.e he doesn't score, regardless of anything else), despite anything he's done before, that he's useless entirely............

?
Thu 09/09/04 at 21:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ant you've got to remember this is England we're talking about. Any striker that can stick it in the net is hailed as the next Pele.
Thu 09/09/04 at 20:36
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Ant wrote:
> Oh ffs, Jermaine Defoe misses a sitter and scores one good goal and
> suddenly he's the greatest striker ever. And remember, it was West
> Ham that harnessed his talents, along with the likes of Michael
> Carrick and Joe Cole...so in my view credit for Defoe's talent should
> go to the Hammers.

Every single other person here agrees he had a good game, and he had a good game last week too, even after coming on for 20 odd mins.

Michael Owen should not start for England. It's as simple as that, he has been shocking for the last two games, and wasn't boy wonder before then now was he. he isn't even a shade of his former self.
Thu 09/09/04 at 18:11
Regular
Colourless wrote:
> Hargreaves does anything?

Not wasting my breath on this (though technically i just did but you get my point)

> Hargreaves > Wright-Phillips?

Nope. I knew somebody would misinterpret me. We needed somebody to help KEEP POSSESSION, out of the three Hargreaves is the best at this, the others are fantastic attacking players but not the kind to be brought on to steady things up in midfield.

Urgh.
Joe Cole shouldn't be in the England squad in my view, good club player but he's no international.
Thu 09/09/04 at 18:01
Regular
"Colourless"
Don't think Lampard should have come of instead of Beckham, but I completely agree with your team for our next match.
Thu 09/09/04 at 16:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
Oh ffs, Jermaine Defoe misses a sitter and scores one good goal and suddenly he's the greatest striker ever. And remember, it was West Ham that harnessed his talents, along with the likes of Michael Carrick and Joe Cole...so in my view credit for Defoe's talent should go to the Hammers.

But back to my point, how can any of you seriously consider dropping Michael Owen? I mean, okay, so he didn't actually score that goal tonight but it certainly wouldn't of gone in if it weren't for him - and he's looked rejuvenated since joining Madrid from us, sad as I am to see him go. You just CANNOT drop a guy with an international goal-scoring record like his! Simple as that.

And Owen Hargreaves is one of the best midfielders we have in that position. Sven wanted a defensive, hard-working midfielder to come on, now attackers like Sean Wright-Phillips and Joe Cole...it was a good decision in my view.

Beckham has to stay in my view as well, I felt his performance wasn't so bad last night...and I think he's a good captain too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.