GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Harvest Life"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Harvest Moon'.
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Apparently, Harvst Moon: Another Wonderful Life and Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town are in development, due for release in the US in June. You can play as a girl this time.

I'm not entirely sure whether it's a completely new game (let's hope for more storyline stuff if it is), or just an updated version of AWL.

Also there is a DS version planned for March 17th release in Japan, entitled Korobokkle Station, which is a wonderful name. I'm guessing you'll be able to brush your cows with the touch screen.
Sat 22/01/05 at 20:48
"period drama"
You should be able to slowly drive the whole town mad with crafty midnight-dealings.

Less randomness to the cutscenes would have been nice.
There wasn't much predictable logic in the triggers for the AWL scenes.

And, like I said many a time before, just more stuff to get. So in the end your fun totally runs itself - animals clean themselves, plants water themselves and harvest themselves. Stuff like that.

And more animals - pigs, for one, and some fantasy creatures you can raise and turn into a circus / sell / eat.

And affairs.
Sat 22/01/05 at 19:22
Regular
"8==="
Ranches! I like the idea.

You could have the old school battles between sheep and cattle farmers. Cattle rustlers and trying to herd a herd of cattle across a state to the market.

Beats bloody farming.
Sat 22/01/05 at 19:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It needs the option to become a cowboy
Sat 22/01/05 at 19:15
Regular
"8==="
and ride-by shootings.
Sat 22/01/05 at 16:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It just needs a strong storyline, plenty of cut-scenes, easier to grow and harvest crops and more characters.
Sat 22/01/05 at 16:24
Regular
"8==="
Things you can kill.

That'll keep it addictive.

Poison your neighbours well, bugga the cows and set your dog on their chickens.

Basically: It's A Wonderful Life (If You're a Viking With a Taste for Bestiality).
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:39
Regular
Something to keep you involved... okay I can accept that. But I'm sure online play with people visiting your area etc... like a giant place where you can meet and chat to people... that'll keep the game addictive.
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Honestly now, could you be bothered to play after you got married and then realised there was another whole year of the same thing without any events? By storyline what I really mean is events, side quest sort of things to keep you involved, so that every day isn't the same.
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:33
Regular
I don't, it'd ruin it. I just hope there's wireless play :)
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I reckons the DS game could be good. Sorta like Animal Crossing. I just hope there's some proper storylines.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.