GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donnie Darko Directors cut"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/09/04 at 15:50
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Yup, there's now a directors cut of this film which, apparently, now almost makes sense. The special effects have been improved (there's 20 mins more footage too) and Frank now sounds truly like a Daemon rabbit from Hell. The cut is more than just an insertion of scenes into the existing tale and now includes excerpts from the book on timetravel, close ups off Donnie's visions (in his eyes) and Frank now talks to Donnie more often to make sure that Donnie (and in turn the viewer) sees everything that he is supposed to.

Anyway go find out for yourselves...info at Channel 4 or BBC or on the internet generally.
Mon 06/09/04 at 15:50
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Yup, there's now a directors cut of this film which, apparently, now almost makes sense. The special effects have been improved (there's 20 mins more footage too) and Frank now sounds truly like a Daemon rabbit from Hell. The cut is more than just an insertion of scenes into the existing tale and now includes excerpts from the book on timetravel, close ups off Donnie's visions (in his eyes) and Frank now talks to Donnie more often to make sure that Donnie (and in turn the viewer) sees everything that he is supposed to.

Anyway go find out for yourselves...info at Channel 4 or BBC or on the internet generally.
Mon 06/09/04 at 16:16
Regular
I'd like to see it, although already owning the original one, I very much doubt I'd be willing to fork out the extra cash just for 20 mins extra.
Mon 06/09/04 at 16:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I don't own it yet, i might pick it up.
Mon 06/09/04 at 18:00
Regular
I prefer the original, but I might watch it anyway.
Mon 06/09/04 at 18:01
Regular
Its not out for awhile yet anyway
Mon 06/09/04 at 18:05
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:
> I prefer the original, but I might watch it anyway.

Hm.
Mon 06/09/04 at 18:11
Regular
"\\"
Yes. Just how exactly do you like the 'original' better, when this new version isn't released yet?
Wed 08/09/04 at 00:32
Regular
According to Empire the deleated scenes are deleated for a reason... the pace is ruined and the air of the film is damaged and ultimatly disappointing.

Still a wonderful 4 star film but not quite the five star they were hopeing for.
Wed 08/09/04 at 00:52
Regular
Aoe wrote:
> Yes. Just how exactly do you like the 'original' better, when this new
> version isn't released yet?

My sentiments exactly. I hate it when people do that.
Wed 08/09/04 at 03:57
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I think during the commentary for the DVD thats out the director says that he likes that the film doesn't give everything to you on a platter and you have to work it out, this will ruin it if they've decided they need to explain all to the idiots and i'd rather they leave Franks voice alone, it was perfect as it was.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.