GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Manics Single"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/09/04 at 13:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Oh my word

I'm in shock, it's called 'The Love of Richard Nixon'. Which the title in itself is pretty poor.

Now imagine some sort of techno The Smiths... oh my it's poor. Not even I can like this.

Though, who knows? It might grow on me.

EDIT: I actually like it now. Everyone else won't. They've at least changed their sound, got to give them that.
Tue 07/09/04 at 21:41
Regular
"Selected"
and Light, pull your head out of Goatboy's ass.

Jesus, it's embarrassing to see.
Tue 07/09/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Selected"
I'll assume Goatboy became a simpleton for a second when reading my post:

I don't, have never and never will think the NME's opinion matters. I never even came close to saying that. I'm pointing out that it matters to morons who'll happily throw their cash into the tills at HMV because they read that The Smiths are cool again.

The most laughable of your comments is the "most seminal and influencial band from that period" remark. I'm really thanking The Smiths for Franz Ferdinand and The Ordinary Boys. From the bottom of my heart.

What's even more stupid is that fact you don't even like them! It's like you came in here, bitter and twisted faced, ready for a needless rant on how your opionion differs from somebody else, so they must be wrong.

And you typing laughter really showed me something. Boy, do I feel embarrassed.
Tue 07/09/04 at 17:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
His solo stuff is pretty naff.
He's overated and a moody git.

One of the most influential/cult following people mind you. I don't mind his last two singles actually and quite a fan of The Smiths.

I'm feeling the Manics should have packed it in after their Millenium gig.
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:57
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Mr Snuggly wrote:

> I don't like his music (or his face) but that's just me.

I used to hate it, but it's grown on me as time has passed. He's the sort of chap whom I reluctantly admit is a genius.
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:54
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
But he is a fey, blouse-wearing ponce, you have to admit that. The kind of person that would get snapped in two in a fight.

I don't like his music (or his face) but that's just me.
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:33
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:
> Why is he "loathesome" and a "long headed idiot"
> exactly?

He waved a Union Jack remember? That makes him a racist (lets just ignore the fact that about a year later, Britpop exploded onto the scene like a damp, cabbage-scented fart...).

God don't you know, like, anything
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:24
"Was UW."
mattributé wrote:
You're just sick, you know that? SICK!

Geez... The Techno I'm speaking about is underground, hypnotic tunes, not the stuff that Moby makes.
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Why is he "loathesome" and a "long headed idiot" exactly?
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:11
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
monkey_man wrote:
> Well someone must have liked him, because he's back and more
> loathesome than ever.

Friggin' good live though.
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Well someone must have liked him, because he's back and more loathesome than ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.