GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Manics Single"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/09/04 at 13:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Oh my word

I'm in shock, it's called 'The Love of Richard Nixon'. Which the title in itself is pretty poor.

Now imagine some sort of techno The Smiths... oh my it's poor. Not even I can like this.

Though, who knows? It might grow on me.

EDIT: I actually like it now. Everyone else won't. They've at least changed their sound, got to give them that.
Mon 06/09/04 at 13:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Oh my word

I'm in shock, it's called 'The Love of Richard Nixon'. Which the title in itself is pretty poor.

Now imagine some sort of techno The Smiths... oh my it's poor. Not even I can like this.

Though, who knows? It might grow on me.

EDIT: I actually like it now. Everyone else won't. They've at least changed their sound, got to give them that.
Mon 06/09/04 at 16:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Does Paul Merton still drum for them?
Mon 06/09/04 at 18:59
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Haha

The Manics - a perfect example of a band starting well and ending up utterly atrocious, big fat Spitting Image puppet parodies of themselves. And I can solve the biggest Goth mystery ever - James Dean Bradfield ate him.
Mon 06/09/04 at 20:38
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Oh dear.

Smiths = good. Techno = not
Mon 06/09/04 at 20:42
"Was UW."
Smiths are good. Techno is better.
Mon 06/09/04 at 20:44
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You're just sick, you know that? SICK!

Anyway, as much as I love the smiths and like the preachers, I can't see a techno-smiths-esque song being any good.

If you've... acquired it, sheppu, please, do pass it on.
Mon 06/09/04 at 21:09
Regular
"Selected"
Smiths are cack. 80's cheap sounding trash nobody gave a damn about until NME decided they were cool again.

Morrissey's a long headed idiot.
Mon 06/09/04 at 21:14
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I've bought 4 editions of the NME in my life. 3 in about 1999 and one the other week in HMV to use up my voucher.
Mon 06/09/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm listening to it again.

If this is the lead single, god help the album.

Holy Bible to This is my Truth + Motorcycle Emptiness/Motown Junk = Excellent

Everything else is below par.
Tue 07/09/04 at 15:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
mikelar wrote:
> Smiths are cack. 80's cheap sounding trash nobody gave a damn about
> until NME decided they were cool again.
>
> Morrissey's a long headed idiot.
---------

Ha.
AhahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The fact that you think the NME's opinion on anything matters is why this sentence is gloriously stupid.
I may not like The Smiths, but you'd be hard pushed to find a more seminal and influencial band from that period (along with The Fall, Jesus & Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine).

"80's cheap sounding trash nobody gave a damn about"
hahahahahahahahaha

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.