GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh dear, i'll be stoned to death for this."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/09/04 at 02:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive just finished watching AvP and i have to say that i rather enjoyed it. I dont know if it was because my expectations were so low that any hint of goodness would make the film seem so much more awesome, but i can't say the film is crap.

Initially the thought of the woman predator double team sounded a bit gay, but the dynamic actually works quite well, futhermore i believe that it is inkeeping with the predator philosophy that good hunters are respected. However in the end it seems to go a bit predator 2.

As most of you know there is none of the gore on show that you would be used to seeing from either franchise, and whilst that may be a bit of a blow for gore fans you get the jist of it when someone is dead, especially when they have an invisible spear through their chest.

You still see chest bursters making their debut, so while the gore may be toned down, it's certainly not removed altogether. So all in all its not bad, not bad at all.
Mon 06/09/04 at 16:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Christ...the last time I went against my instincts on films was to rent "Mad Jesus" and it was exactly what I expected, so I wasted £3.75 and a trip to Blockbusters.

I shall be avoiding this one methinks.
Mon 06/09/04 at 16:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It'll be like Alien 3 Vs Predator 2.
Mon 06/09/04 at 16:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Can't say I have any interest in this film whatsoever, it'll be a DVD rental if I can't get anything else in a couple year's time or so.
Mon 06/09/04 at 16:27
Regular
the sagacious one wrote:
> I get the feeling a lot of fanboys simply hated this film for stupid
> reasons: "the armour is wrong", "predators wouldn't
> make allies" etc. I shall reserve judgement upon all three races
> until I have viewed them in action myself.

I think the idea that a predator would be allied with humans is completely daft, considering in both films, it chose to die rather than be defeated by them, by blowing itself up. It just destroys the mysticism about the creatures too. If the predators had all been killed and the humans had beaten the aliens alone, I would have found this more 'realistic' a scenario. I hate sounding like some geeky fanboy, but I loved these films and it seems they've done the unimaginable - thrown some complete garbage together safe in the knowledge we'll watch it anyway simply because of the franchise reputation.

And why did the tagline say "Whoever wins, we lose" when it was clearly complete b*llocks?

I still have no plans to see it.
Mon 06/09/04 at 15:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
the sagacious one wrote:
> Without spoilers- I know a bit about the plot which most hated but
> some liked: does it seem reasonable given that it's a made up
> universe in which these combatants inhabit anyway?

Yeah, i would say that the plot is fairly reasonable.
Mon 06/09/04 at 14:17
Regular
"8==="
*Stones*

*Cookie Monster dies from asphyxiation*
Mon 06/09/04 at 14:13
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Without spoilers- I know a bit about the plot which most hated but some liked: does it seem reasonable given that it's a made up universe in which these combatants inhabit anyway?

I get the feeling a lot of fanboys simply hated this film for stupid reasons: "the armour is wrong", "predators wouldn't make allies" etc. I shall reserve judgement upon all three races until I have viewed them in action myself.
Mon 06/09/04 at 02:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive just finished watching AvP and i have to say that i rather enjoyed it. I dont know if it was because my expectations were so low that any hint of goodness would make the film seem so much more awesome, but i can't say the film is crap.

Initially the thought of the woman predator double team sounded a bit gay, but the dynamic actually works quite well, futhermore i believe that it is inkeeping with the predator philosophy that good hunters are respected. However in the end it seems to go a bit predator 2.

As most of you know there is none of the gore on show that you would be used to seeing from either franchise, and whilst that may be a bit of a blow for gore fans you get the jist of it when someone is dead, especially when they have an invisible spear through their chest.

You still see chest bursters making their debut, so while the gore may be toned down, it's certainly not removed altogether. So all in all its not bad, not bad at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.