GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The aliens die from the common cold."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/09/04 at 12:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
There, now you know what stops the aliens in the soon-to-be travesty of the War of the worlds film, so you don't have to watch it.

Seriously, the original (film) was a fantastic piece of work. Considering when it was made, the special effects were outstanding, and the aliens genuinely scary. Now Senor Spielbergo is making a trilogy out of it, and he's promised not to destroy any 'sensitive' landmarks!?!?! Forget about moving the location from London in the books to other places - that's a good idea for a film conversion, because there are better things to blow up. But he's basically splitting Independence Day into three films: aliens invade and fail; we study their technology; we strike back! And with Spielbergo at the helm, we can't possibly lose a war against a master race of aliens (or should I say "Nazis"), with their space travel and advanced technology - it wouldn't be PC! Next Summer, the Human spirit WILL find a way.

Go and buy the original film to see how brilliant it is. I'm sure it's only about a fiver from Play, or Amazon. You won't regret it.
Mon 06/09/04 at 09:36
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I know how the remake will end. Every nation, religion, race will stand hand in hand and fight their enemies with love. Then there will be a half hour long shot of the Banner and Stripes.

THE END
Mon 06/09/04 at 09:32
"Darth Vader 3442321"
cipro wrote:

It certainly would have been more original
> than the Independance Day rip off it sounds like it's going to be.

Didn't ID rip off every sci-fi film ever made? I honestly though it was supposed to be a remake of War of the Worlds. It even had the scene where the deploy the nukes, wait for the monitors to come back on line and despair when the superior Alien technology is still "un-liberated".

They should make the Tripods into a film instead.
Mon 06/09/04 at 00:22
Regular
At sci-fi maybe...

His loveable comedies that he does with Tom Hanks are the best though.
Mon 06/09/04 at 00:14
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The trouble with Spielberg is he can direct good sci-fi (Minority Report, Close Encounters) and he can also direct quite terrible sci-fi as well(The Lost World, AI) I can’t really see this adaptation fitting in the first category, but won’t hastily put it the second one either, not until I see and hear more. Maybe Spielberg will surprise me, much as he did with Minority Report which I think is one of his best recent efforts.
Mon 06/09/04 at 00:11
Regular
I agree with snuggers... I'm actually interested in the film.

And it is based on the idea of War of the Worlds...

As was SIGNS to some degree.
Sun 05/09/04 at 23:42
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
But it was awesome, which proves my point exactly, AND I used Steven Seagal to do it.
Sun 05/09/04 at 21:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Difficult to judge a film before they've even started making it, it could be fantastic.

So if you told me that a film in which a retired C 'S' A agent looks after animals whilst rescuing his teenage girl panpalfriend child friend from cliched terrormonger paedos, with somersault and Steven Seagal, could be bad, I'd believe you why?
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
1. A pod lands.
2. People watch it for a bit.
3. Pods land in other places.
4. People watch them for a bit.
5. Pods open.
6. Martians kill anything in sight with death rays
7. They take over Britain (or the US of course)
8. They cover London in odd red Moss.
9. People find out they're all dead from the cold.
10. Attempts to copy technology mis-firing

TADA. Synopsis of plot.
Sun 05/09/04 at 18:47
Regular
M_M, you have just inspired me to buy the Original again - it really was an excellent film.

Thank ye.
Sun 05/09/04 at 16:55
Regular
I would rent it, but you just spoiled the entire film for me. Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.