GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dual Layer DVD Writer Advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/09/04 at 09:04
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
One online store I buy from has a shipping offer this week and as I need some blank DVDs I also want a new Dual layer drive considering how cheap the drives actually are. The two models I am interesed in are the NEC 3500, and the Pioneer 108. Now the NEC is £50 and the Pioneer £60. So I was wondering if any one has any comments on either of them? I think that with the NEC it didnt recognise a certain make of DL(Dual Layer) disc, but I think that was with the old 2500 not the 3500.

The difference in performance is nothing as the 3500 and 108 are the same speeds for everything, apart from the 3500 does 48x CD and the 108 does 32x. I have been burning at 16x with my current Sony drive as the discs being burnt at 24x which is the max on the Sony were being corrupted. So to be honest CD speed is not important as a nice reliable drive that works with all the media etc.
Sat 04/09/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I always buy Lite-On SOHW-8132s , I really like them, and they come with Nero and PowerDVD (legal software is an interesting novelty...)

Dunno if you can get silver bezels for them.
Sat 04/09/04 at 09:04
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
One online store I buy from has a shipping offer this week and as I need some blank DVDs I also want a new Dual layer drive considering how cheap the drives actually are. The two models I am interesed in are the NEC 3500, and the Pioneer 108. Now the NEC is £50 and the Pioneer £60. So I was wondering if any one has any comments on either of them? I think that with the NEC it didnt recognise a certain make of DL(Dual Layer) disc, but I think that was with the old 2500 not the 3500.

The difference in performance is nothing as the 3500 and 108 are the same speeds for everything, apart from the 3500 does 48x CD and the 108 does 32x. I have been burning at 16x with my current Sony drive as the discs being burnt at 24x which is the max on the Sony were being corrupted. So to be honest CD speed is not important as a nice reliable drive that works with all the media etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.