GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let's say I have £100...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/09/04 at 18:21
"slightlyshortertagl"
(which I don't)

But let's assume I have £100 to spend on anti-virus programs, firewalls and other such programs to keep my PC clean and happy... what should I buy?

[I]Edit - However many of you suggest I download/crack copies of the programs I need,I won't... for the first time in.. er.. ever.. I'm going to legitemately buy these programs.
Sat 04/09/04 at 15:57
Regular
I just have Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security, not SystemWorks. I think that's a different pack altogether.
Sat 04/09/04 at 15:55
"slightlyshortertagl"
I'm so confused,

what's the difference between 'SystemWorks' and 'Internet Security', they both have AntiVirus and stuff... do I get both?

Thanks for answering :-)
Sat 04/09/04 at 01:59
Regular
Norton Antivirus I think contains Norton Internet Security. I obtained it legally of course (;0D) and it had that in it, so go for Norton Antivirus 2004, it really does own. Blocks all viruses and pop-ups very efficiently.

And Chad - how is your last name pronounced? It's been bugging me all day.
Sat 04/09/04 at 01:54
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Don or†ega wrote:
> what ashley said.
>
> I just work with two hard drives. Anything important is on the slave
> and when anything goes bad i just format the master.

Then one day a new virus that can seriously damage data gets on the slave drive whipping out all your work and 'important' stuff.
Then you wish you had an anti-virus on.

I suggest getting Norton Internet Security and Norton System Works.

They both have all you need. AV, Firewall, utilities, spy/adware remover, backup stuff. Everything you need.
Sat 04/09/04 at 00:57
Regular
You could spend the cash on a router with firewall. If you already have one, buy another just in case.
Sat 04/09/04 at 00:01
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I have roughly £10.
Fri 03/09/04 at 23:44
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
You're nice...
Fri 03/09/04 at 23:40
Regular
you wouldn`t have it for long cos I`d nick it
Fri 03/09/04 at 23:34
Regular
I have -£26
Fri 03/09/04 at 23:25
Regular
what ashley said.

I just work with two hard drives. Anything important is on the slave and when anything goes bad i just format the master.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.