GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heard of Voicenet?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/09/04 at 12:15
Regular
[URL]http://www.voicenet.uk.net[/URL]

I have expressed interest towards this company as they seem pretty good. No contract, low prices, no bandwidth limits or time limits...

Anyone know if they're that good?

Here's a reply they sent me:

Good morning Rob,

Thank you for making an enquiry with VoiceNet, sorry we didn't reply earlier, we have been waiting for a reply from our support dept.

I can confirm that our ADSL service supports online gaming.

All our ADSL packages come with a dynamic IP address, if you do want a static IP address there is a monthly charge of £6.99 including VAT.

Our 512K ADSL service is £21.99 and the 1Mb service is £31.99

There are no download limits nor do we have an time limits of any sort.

All prices include VAT, there is no contract so you can cancel with one months notice.

I think i've covered everything, if you need further assistance, please email back or contact us FREE on 0800 4965566 (we also provide FREE support)

All the best and have a great weekend.

Best Regards

TJ Webb
Voicenet Ltd

The only thing is, you have to pay the £65 connection fee (unless you buy their 'starter pack' for £89.99). But apart from that, they seem great.

Anyone know of any reason not to bother with them?
Wed 08/09/04 at 23:18
Regular
"NULL"
ZenADSL have a 1 month minimum contract.
Wed 08/09/04 at 19:18
Regular
"Freeola Support"
1 year contract, capped, sly tactics nope!
Wed 08/09/04 at 17:18
Regular
"CA_netbuster"
I have heard of them before and in fact i use them. i have the 512k service and i find it very good, i use it with a router and when i contacted them they done me a very good deal on a router with activation included. I was well chuffed.

They seemed very helpful and they have free support and when i needed to use them i got through straight away.

Try them and see for yourself, I was going to try BT but they tricked me saying that it was 19.99 i later found out that it was metered with BT and your on a contract.

Good luck.
Sun 05/09/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Afternoon wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> BT as one major outage knocked out a
> large part of the ADSL network with BT, even Cable was affected.
> But Cables on a different Network and Infrastructure?

Yeah I know. It was something that affected alot of ISPs as a bloke at Uni was on Telewest and he was down the same night. So it was probably a problem that did affect not just ADSL but Cable as well.
Sun 05/09/04 at 20:31
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Afternoon wrote:
> But Cables on a different Network and Infrastructure?

Internally within each company, yes, but each one must be linked to BT's main pipes - otherwise how would someone on cable call someone on BT, how would web hosting companies connected via BT's pipes have their web pages viewed by cable users!

I think adrian was referring to one of BT's main links, the ones which connects local exchanges and external recourses (dedicated leased lines, other telecommunication services, NTL, Telewest, etc) together to BT's own infrastructure. Once this went down, anything using that connection to access the infrastructure was affected.

Cable companies could still use their own infrastructure, but the external link was the big problem.
Sun 05/09/04 at 13:24
Regular
"Freeola Support"
adrian wrote:
> BT as one major outage knocked out a
> large part of the ADSL network with BT, even Cable was affected.
But Cables on a different Network and Infrastructure?
Sun 05/09/04 at 12:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
cjh wrote:
> Pipex also recently purchased Host Europe, one of the largest hosting
> groups around (they own the likes of Web Fusion, Magic Moments,
> dedicated servers and 123reg.co.uk to name a few). To be able to make
> that sort of purchase means Pipex certainly have the capital behind
> them.
>
> On a personal note, I've had Pipex 512 broadband for over two years
> now, and have never had any real problems with them.

Think I heard about something regarding a hosting company. Had Pipex since June 2002 at 512K and then got 1Mb as soon as Pipex started doing it. Got the special price as well so paying just £28.95 a month for 1Mb :D Same here no major problems. Few connection issues, but most of those were due to BT as one major outage knocked out a large part of the ADSL network with BT, even Cable was affected.
Sun 05/09/04 at 10:03
Regular
"Freeola Support"
ßulle†† wrote:
> All our ADSL packages come with a dynamic IP address, if you do want
> a static IP address there is a monthly charge of £6.99
> including VAT.
7 quid extra per month for just a static ip.
Sun 05/09/04 at 08:38
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
adrian wrote:
> Pipex are pretty damn big as they had well over 100,000 users the
> last time I checked, and the company that now owns Pipex has also
> bought out Nildram which was another top rated ISP.

Pipex also recently purchased Host Europe, one of the largest hosting groups around (they own the likes of Web Fusion, Magic Moments, dedicated servers and 123reg.co.uk to name a few). To be able to make that sort of purchase means Pipex certainly have the capital behind them.

On a personal note, I've had Pipex 512 broadband for over two years now, and have never had any real problems with them.
Sat 04/09/04 at 12:43
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
ßulle†† wrote:
> They're well known, 4th best (still true?).

Don't know about best but they are the 5th largest ADSL ISP. Wanadoo, AOL and BT are going to be the top 3, so I dont know who is 4th maybe BT as well because they have a 2 different services I think.

Pipex are pretty damn big as they had well over 100,000 users the last time I checked, and the company that now owns Pipex has also bought out Nildram which was another top rated ISP.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.