GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sudeki first impressions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/01/05 at 04:10
Regular
"8==="
Started it today I'm only about an hour and a half in.

It's half like Zelda OOT and half like Fable. Combat's good fun as you can work on producing simple combo's and getting at your foe's weakspots. Exploration so far seems to be very much like OOT, wander around noticing things you can't access yet (some surrounded by glowing dust) and blatant clues about what you'll need to do to get them later. Also there's the very Zelda-like 'I walk up break your vase/open your chest infront of your face and run of with your gold ahahahaha' moments. I managed to spend the first half hour just exploring the city I started off in, talking to all the NPC, watching a puppet show, browsing a shop and completing a few mini quests on the way whilst smashing vases and opening chests for objects and gold.

Back to combat: Combat seems to be more like Fable with an assisted autolock that doesn't get in the way and is barely noticeable. Leveling-up is based on experience for kills and quests with a simple system (making Fable's simple leveling-up system look positively complicated by comparison). After a battle sometimes a chest 'beams in' (once again like OOT).

Graphics seem to be a mix between Fable and OOT (it's early days so it might swerve one way or another later). Camera work is very reminiscent of OOT (Wide camera pans of villages first time you enter etc, pausing to show a large monster looming up on you).

The music seems to be inspired by the darker elements of OOT and the game certainly seems darker. There's a nice level of blood (bordering on Conker's Bad Fur Day gore at times) and it seems like every dead body along the roadside has been impaled by it's own weapon (bizarre but funny)! Early on I'm detecting a strange sense of humour in the game as one female vendor in town reckons I can 'handle my meat'.

So far it seems like a mini-RPG as if made by Rare which isn't a bad thing at all.
Sun 17/07/05 at 15:12
Regular
"Ow Yer"
cheers ill check em out.
Sat 16/07/05 at 20:54
Regular
"8==="
Ah, in that case:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is semi-turnbased (you can pause the action to issue orders). There's also the sequel: The Sith Lords.

Gladius is my favourite turn-based RPG on the system and has been compared to Final Fantasy tactics.

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age is a good turn-based battler that you should loook at as it's great fun.

Others that might be worth a look are Future Tactics: The Uprising, Deus Ex: Invisible War (not turn-based, more of an RPG with FPS elements) and possibly Morrowind (which has a hugely complex place that'll take ages to explore but has relatively simple combat)

So yeah, your safe-bets are: KOTOR 1 and 2, LOTR:The Third Age and Gladius.

Those four are the best ones I can recommend. Most should set you back about 10-15 quid each.
Sat 16/07/05 at 20:34
Regular
turn based maybe?
Sat 16/07/05 at 20:14
Regular
"8==="
tbs rpg's?
Sat 16/07/05 at 19:55
Regular
"Ow Yer"
Hedfix wrote:

> Edit: Infact if this is really that hard for you then you should
> probably ask yourself if RPG's are your sort of games. :S

I think that’s the reason but I couldn’t think of any other game that wasn’t a fps or a racing game....im starting to worry that I hate all games. lol and I think I only like tbs rpg's.So if you know any good ones

edit: and another reson im sending it back is because i wanted a game i could enjoy not another game i would slip my head open because of
Sat 16/07/05 at 19:20
Regular
"8==="
Don't tell me you found Fable a challenge?

And you want to send this back because it's hard? It shouldn't be that hard once you get better weapons and a character who can blast things with their staff.

Oh and the combat isn't complicated at all, it's a simple three button combo (pretty sure you hit the same button each time too at the correct intervals).

By the way, unlike Fable you will die quite a few times. Because unlike Fable this game is a reasonable challenge. Buy plenty of healing stuff and you should be fine.

Edit: Infact if this is really that hard for you then you should probably ask yourself if RPG's are your sort of games. :S
Sat 16/07/05 at 18:57
Regular
"Ow Yer"
So far im not very impressed the combat seems well to complicated and the healing items are few and far between! ive had one big battle that cut my items down by half then another were I used them all up leaving none for the next so I died! and im very PO'd and want to sent it back, give me fable any day!
Fri 15/07/05 at 12:06
Regular
"Ow Yer"
lol kool cheers!
Thu 14/07/05 at 18:46
Regular
"8==="
Pop for the guy asking about it.
Mon 31/01/05 at 13:04
Regular
"8==="
Finished - at just over 21 hours.

Quality.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.