GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How Seriously?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/11/06 at 08:39
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Do you take your online friendships seriously?

Is it much different from your real life friendships?

Do you see them as real people, real friendships, or do you see them as entertainment, a way to pass the time, almost like there are not real people behind the screen?

When you make a close connection, a bond with somebody online, is it easy for you to just drop that connection when needs and circumstances change in your life? On the other hand, do you still make great efforts despite the changes to keep those friendship fires burning?
Thu 23/11/06 at 07:51
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
cjh wrote:
> wow, 3 kids, sounds like a challenge, good luck :)

Yeah a challenge, but a good one :)

Thankyou :)
Wed 22/11/06 at 23:49
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
wow, 3 kids, sounds like a challenge, good luck :)

Anyway, I don't want to turn your thread in to a Q&A, of which you've probably been asked the same questions countless times, and completely sick of answering by now, so I'll just finish off by wishing you well throughout :)

All the best to the mother-to-be, expecting baby number three :)
Mon 20/11/06 at 20:12
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
cjh wrote:
> Well then I've got no excuses for forgetting his birthday, same
> month as me :) Will he be your first-born?

ummm :P

Nope 3rd Born! :)
Mon 20/11/06 at 17:33
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Really sorry to hear that Seraphim, wish I had an easy fix for you. I won't be nosy and ask for any details, but do you really need to do anything about it? Does it really matter if you were or weren't the one to blame? Can it not be an oh well, moving on moment?

It's one thing for someone to say something that you don't agree with or appreciate, but another to let it get you down - just isn't worth it. Nobody else runs your life, so the only person you really have to answer to is yourself. If you're happy with how you're living your life, and not hurting anybody in the process, what's to say you should change?

At the same time, are you sure that what others maybe saying is aimed at you so badly? Like Hedfix said "Tone is very difficult to judge online" and it's pretty easy to miss-interpret something said via a screen than from the voice, and for things to escalate based on that miss-interpretation. God only knows I've been down that road.

Again, it's not my place to tell you anything, but any dent can be buffed out if everyone involved is willing to let it. Everyone's got to ask themselves if that's really what they want? Was the friendship that you say was great and wish it could be the same really gone?

Life can be shot enough as it is, without letting the negativities of it all take over. I'd say put it behind you and look forward, but again, not my place to tell you what to do :)

Seraphim:
"Thanks he should be with us January :)"

Well then I've got no excuses for forgetting his birthday, same month as me :) Will he be your first-born?
Mon 20/11/06 at 17:19
Regular
For me online friends stay online. They mean alot to me though.
Mon 20/11/06 at 16:34
Regular
I've not really been able to make as much friends online as id like too so i can't really answer that question.
Mon 20/11/06 at 15:12
Regular
"8==="
Tone is very difficult to judge online.
Mon 20/11/06 at 15:10
Regular
The person she is referring to is me ...

I can only hope I can make amends ...
Mon 20/11/06 at 14:58
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
cjh wrote:
> Sorry if I've miss-read your post Seraphim, but it sounds like
> you've been stung in the past by someone you knew online, which
> is a shame, and I've been there too. Having someone being
> dictating and pushy towards you isn't on, online or
> face-to-face.

Im going through something right now. I just dont know what to do about it. Im prob the one to blame for it but just seems they think i cant be happy yet they can casually get on with their lives. While im just having to listen to everything they tell me. Im not having it. The friendship we built was great and wish it could be the same again but their has been to much of a dent bashed in it!

> Oh, and if what pb said wasn’t an in-joke (that didn’t get) or
> anything, all the best of luck with your new little one,
> whenever he / she arrives.

Thanks he should be with us January :)
Mon 20/11/06 at 14:38
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Sorry if I've miss-read your post Seraphim, but it sounds like you've been stung in the past by someone you knew online, which is a shame, and I've been there too. Having someone being dictating and pushy towards you isn't on, online or face-to-face.

What I would say to that though is it's probably more down to the person doing the stinging being a bit of a plonker, rather than the fact you know them via an 'online' method, though it's probably true that they may not have the guts to be as such to your face, but then face-to-face, are you seeing the real person, whereas online, maybe you are? Or vice-versa?

Seraphim:
"Your friendships can only really be when your online, as soon as you sign off then you have your life to live with you friends and family."

What about your non-online 'real life' friendships? Do they disappear while your online? Or if an online friend calls or texts you? Are they still an online friendship?

This thread certainly has got me thinking :)

Oh, and if what pb said wasn’t an in-joke (that didn’t get) or anything, all the best of luck with your new little one, whenever he / she arrives.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.