GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 10"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/09/04 at 17:46
Regular
"not dead"
It is number 10, right?

So here are the rules, put SSC10 in the tile somewhere. Or SSCX if you'd prefer.

Only one story per person.

As long as you like, but if I get bored I'll stop reading.

And the subject is:

'A CLOWN' OR 'CLOWNS'

Deadline: September 18th.

This does not mean I'll have it judged by that date.

Go read my story 'Something in the Air-Con' now, because I think you should, as I'm running this show.

And now it over, the big top's coming down, but before you leave, let me give you the results:

JUDGE'S REPORT How pretentious is that?

Not a huge number of entries to this, but I was pleased to see that most of those that did enter took it in the way I hoped, and attempted to produce a humourous piece.

Third Place

Grix Thraves with 'The Clown'. A very clever reworking of a classic. A judge that wasn't a poetry spaz would probably have given it a deserved win. At least you got a GAD for your efforts!

Second Place

Black Glove with 'Mister Kipper'. Insane, absolutely bonkers. Captured clowns in a way I've not seen before. I think I placed you second last time I was in charge, so sorry to do it again, but I couldn't resist a different story...

First Place

The winner is FinalFantasyFanatic with 'Help! I'm a Clown!' - and he doesn't even like it. I did, the concept is hilarious, and the delivery, with one side of the conversation, carries it off perfectly.

Well done one and all, and thanks for taking the time to enter.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:46
Regular
"not dead"
It is number 10, right?

So here are the rules, put SSC10 in the tile somewhere. Or SSCX if you'd prefer.

Only one story per person.

As long as you like, but if I get bored I'll stop reading.

And the subject is:

'A CLOWN' OR 'CLOWNS'

Deadline: September 18th.

This does not mean I'll have it judged by that date.

Go read my story 'Something in the Air-Con' now, because I think you should, as I'm running this show.

And now it over, the big top's coming down, but before you leave, let me give you the results:

JUDGE'S REPORT How pretentious is that?

Not a huge number of entries to this, but I was pleased to see that most of those that did enter took it in the way I hoped, and attempted to produce a humourous piece.

Third Place

Grix Thraves with 'The Clown'. A very clever reworking of a classic. A judge that wasn't a poetry spaz would probably have given it a deserved win. At least you got a GAD for your efforts!

Second Place

Black Glove with 'Mister Kipper'. Insane, absolutely bonkers. Captured clowns in a way I've not seen before. I think I placed you second last time I was in charge, so sorry to do it again, but I couldn't resist a different story...

First Place

The winner is FinalFantasyFanatic with 'Help! I'm a Clown!' - and he doesn't even like it. I did, the concept is hilarious, and the delivery, with one side of the conversation, carries it off perfectly.

Well done one and all, and thanks for taking the time to enter.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:58
Regular
The big one-oh, eh?

I'll try to enter.
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:04
Regular
Oooh

Excellent, I can see Black Glove doing well with this.
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:13
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Hehe, might give it a go later.
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:13
"period drama"
Is the title 'A clown or clowns' ?
Or 'a clown' or 'clowns'?

The word clown has now lost all meaning. I love that.
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:14
Regular
What's the deadline?
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:15
"period drama"
Pretty hard to think of something original, though.
Evil clowns are far too clichéd.
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:16
Regular
Attack of the Clowns.

George Lucas employs clowns to write the script for the latest Star Wars movie.

Believe it or not, I may actually do that.
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:17
Regular
Do we have to have the 'one-per-person' rule?

Might be nice to enter a couple...
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:45
"period drama"
Mav wrote:
> Attack of the Clowns.
>
> George Lucas employs clowns to write the script for the latest Star
> Wars movie.
>
> Believe it or not, I may actually do that.

Where does the fiction come in?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.