GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It may have been slightly racist, but it got the laugh..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/04 at 22:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
At a meal with my girlfriend, her parents, sisters, Auntie and Cousin, I may have made the suggestion that the Ferreria family from Eastenders is a sleeper cell...
Mon 06/09/04 at 14:02
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I must have powers of predicting stuff that hasn't done yet in the next time forward: in this week's Eastenders Arthur's bench is set on fire by a new family who are having a BBQ in the square. The picture in the mag I was reading (some crap insert to a crap sunday paper) clearly showed of the Ferierras (spelt wrong...) in the background looking guilty as the flames flamed flamedly.
Thu 02/09/04 at 20:57
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Harlow sucks ass.

Heh.
Funny thing happened when i was in Harlow the other day. I was taking my driving test theory and the woman working there asked the girl behind me if she'd been here before to which she replied in a plastic cockney accent - "Yerr m8 i bin ere loadsa times"

Guess you had to be here.

It's bad enough down here in Hertford (no go zone post 9pm-ish) can't imagine how it is in Harlow.
Thu 02/09/04 at 12:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Harlow sucks ass.
Delivering mail in Harlow sucks ass unless you do Old Harlow or Church Langley.
The rest of it, a couple of areas aside, is just huge vacuums of intelligence and culture.

Imagine vast concrete estates decorated with lawn ornaments like fridges, mattresses, old sofas, wardrobes and burnt dollies.
Vest-wearing neanderthals answer their door at 10am like they've just figured out they go outside, grunt and click and try to scratch their signatures for recorded deliveries before loping back inside where their pregnant fat girlfriend is attempting to keep Gnasher from smashing through the baby-gate and attacking me.
Or dirty-faced feral kids stand around in apathy and smash each other with branches they've pulled from what few trees remain, whilst their alsation urinates frantically on anything that doesn't run away or kick it.
Benefit-assisted housing springs up faster than chokeweed, bringing with it the usual assortment of low-slung-jean wearing assfaces that think because they have sovereign rings and a burberry cap they are somehow able to escape the lure of glue-sniffing.

Bishopsfield is a particularly nice area. A half-moon shaped two storey area that has tiny alleys at the bottom with houses that don't have windows in the front so nobody can get in and steal your MFI furniture.

I hate it and shall be moving in the next few weeks.

Oh, and for the record - Anybody wearing anything Burberry deserves to be shot in the eyes. No excuses.
And baseball caps look stupid on Englishmen.
Thu 02/09/04 at 11:57
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Mm, well a sleeper cell I think is like somewhere where a load of
> people are hiding/sleeping to avoid public presense, and waiting to
> strike whenever they're needed.

Well thanks for the explanation (no MM, I'm not stupid, well not overly at any rate) as I had no idea what this was about :)
>
> But I guess you'd have to watch Eastenders to know that.

Not even if you glued my eyelids open!
Wed 01/09/04 at 23:53
Regular
"ProGolfer"
What did the family do? I take it they werent all devoted cristains.
Wed 01/09/04 at 23:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
One thing for Harlow though - I've never, ever, seen any racism of any sort.
Wed 01/09/04 at 22:48
Regular
What annoys me the most is that harlow gets everything that other towns want. All the moronians of Harlow get lots of good shops and a great cinema. The only purpose these structures serve is for the inhabitants of Harlow to use their graffiti on. But what gets me the most is that the to**ers of Harlow get a whopping great library which is far superior to Bishop's Stortfords, and half of the Sh!ts cant even read. Damn you Harlow.

EDIT: Though I suppose the shops give all the citizens of Harlow something to spend their benefit on. As none of them work.
Wed 01/09/04 at 22:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Basically, it's a dump. The people are idiots and the once-almost-green landscape has forever been ruined with Asda, TK-Max, and whatever other shi*ty eyesores they're planning. The Council are actually building over the old sports centre with "affordable" (i.e. gippo) housing, and dumping a new sports centre on a nearby field. They ripped down the ski slope, which was the most confusing and un-neccessary piece of architecture I've ever witnessed, and the "stadium" by it is also beyond repair, which is why they're squeezing a new one in between the new sports centre and the college.

At last count there were 3 industrial estates, each offering their own unique brand of temping jobs. Perfect for the slack-jawed morons that are happy to spend their hard-earned cash on lowering their Vauxhall Novas, and putting neon lights underneath. That sort of mentality just about sums up the town - the bigger and louder, the better. That's why we have (had) a ski slope. Epping hasn't got one, Bishop's Stortford and Sawbridgeworth haven't got one. They may have some nice greenery, nicer residents and cleaner air, but we done gawn got a ski slope!!!11

The town is the real highlight though. Half a dozen dodgy nightspots within a stones throw of each other, and they wonder why there are so many fights and so much violence up there every Friday and Saturday night? The only place to buy clothes is Next, River Island and the White House, so everyone looks the same - like yobs. I hate to use that word, because it's the sort of generalised swoop that the Daily Mail makes. Not everyone dressed in Burberry can be a thug. There must be a diamond in the rough. You'd think. Chances are you'll get sworn at, or given 'the look'. Walking past a group of kids, teenagers or men at night results in an uncomfortable silence, like both sides are expecting a fight to break out.

But every area has their troubles. We had Tony Blair here the other day, going on about how successful ASBO's have been - even though overall it's being reported that violent crime has increased. He only came here because it's rough, but not as rough as other trouble-spots around England. Some kid on a bike isn't going to bother him, and he would have been lucky if anyone actually recognised him.
Wed 01/09/04 at 21:58
Regular
Light wrote:

> The Ferrerias; everyone knows that your family consists of a pack of
> mangy, AIDS infected wild dogs from Harlow that subsist on a mixture
> of spittle and rancid honey.
>
> Although that still puts them a cut above most Harlow families from
> what I've been told.

Christ I hate Harlow! No offence to anyone that lives there but the other day I had to go to there to Asda. (Duty trip for old person, dont ask) Anyway we were driving through it and its just, well nasty. For a start the whole place looks like a council estate, infact I couldn't see any new houses, all looked like council to me. And the people are weird, theirs the age old phrase Harlow would be a nice place if it weren't for the people living their. What with the cinema and all. Not for the ahem accommodation. Within moments I noticed a bunch of townies apparently hitting a bus shelter with sticks, 2 retards and a gang of blokes who looked like some kind of gang. No doubt with knives in their pockets waiting to mug unsuspecting grannies. Or should I say they are always expecting. Judging by the defensive stances of the 60+ year old I noticed. Frankly I'd feel more welcome in the middle of Guatemala. :)

EDIT: Their also seems to be an abundance of 16 year old girls pushing prams with babies and about 3 kids following. With her shouting oooo mercedes you've spilt your fecking yougurt. This is the longest post I've written in a while, call me contraversial but thats the way I feel.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:13
"Darth Vader 3442321"
The sleeper cell plot can go two ways:

way one: one of the Ferrerias is seen purchasing a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 from the new computer shop that's suddenly appeared. This causes panic in the Square and Ian Beale burns his kids down in his chip van, to make sure that they don't die at the hands of a terrorist. There is a funny incident with Jim and a strange saveloy in the next episode.

way two: two of the Ferrerias go out for a night of revelry and end up crashing a shopping trolley into Arthur's bench. America launches a war against Kwik Save, as intelligence reveals that the trolley came from one of their stores. Kwik Save respond to the declaration of war by issuing their own declaration "1p off any can of beans or peas that get dented during the hostilities".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.