GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England drop Heskey"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/08/04 at 00:21
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/3597720.stm[/URL]

Irony being that he is now playing better then he did in the last few seasons at Liverpool.

I believe that Smith and Defoe should be taken ahead of him, but it made me chuckle.

I'm pleased that Green is getting a call-up. I've been a fan of his for a while.
Wed 01/09/04 at 19:38
Regular
i think he should be in over vassel, we have 3 quick shorter strikers in that sqaud vassel being 1 of um, heskey would have been a good replacement for smith if needid.
Wed 01/09/04 at 19:36
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Totti wrote:
> I think he has been dropped at the wrong time

What - is he not in the penalty area?

A ho ho ho.
Wed 01/09/04 at 19:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So Heskey is playing better now, well to be honest the stumbling idiot couldn't really get any worse. So is he going to score a goal every 5 games now? Not exactly the best return for a striker. Yes maybe Smith is now getting picked ahead of him because of the teams they play for but it's quite obvious to see he warrants an international place with his form so far, which the last time i checked was meant to be what a team was picked on, current form. (though with Beckham we all know that isn't the case)
Tue 31/08/04 at 14:21
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's true. Alan Smith is only now ahead of Emile Heskey because of the teams each player now plays for, each week.

Eriksson can defend his shortsightedness by producing all-sorts of figures from Alan Smith's goal-scoring record this season, but, that's still not the real reason. Quite clearly.

If Frank Lampard was still at West Ham, would he be an England regular?
Heskey IS playing better now than he has done for 3 years at Anfield.
There is now law that says David Beckham MUST play the full 90 minutes of each and every game.

Alan Smith's been playing in the same way at United as he has done for the past few years at Leeds. Remember that year they went far into the Champions' League? Look at last season, even when playing midfield. He still went for every ball. He struck when he got even half a chance. Difference was, it was all 'lower-profile'.

Eriksson's starting-eleven is based around the media's favourtie "men".
Always has been, always will be (especially since it never changes!).
His squad is also built up of players the 'papers love to talk about.

He does nothing except take in the cheques - The Sun picks the players for him! It's no wonder we do so badly...!

And, after his bed-hopping antics that were recently released, how long before Wayne Rooney is appointed England captain, since he shares so much in common with his manager, eh??
Tue 31/08/04 at 13:29
Regular
"Better Than You"
Although Smith is play for Man U and playing well, he has never played well for England. He played poor against the Ukraine.
Tue 31/08/04 at 13:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Totti wrote:
He has now picked Smith just because he is
> playing for a bigger club than he was in last season.

Yea because 5 goals in 7 games has nothing to do with it either eh? A England striker that can score goals? What next? A right winger that can actually play at big tournaments instead of making lame excuses
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:32
Regular
I think he has been dropped at the wrong time, just when he has started to improve. Sven should have taken Defoe or Smith to Euro 2004 instead of Heskey. He has now picked Smith just because he is playing for a bigger club than he was in last season. I also feel than Paul Robinson should be England's No.1 instead of David James.
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:18
Regular
"None Stored"
thank god he's been dropped
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FINALLY! it's only taken what 3-4 years before a England coach has finally seen sense and stopped picking him
Mon 30/08/04 at 19:58
Regular
Azul wrote:
> Heskey doesn't need to be dropped, really, if he's already lying
> there...

--

Excellent :) I was thinking exactly that

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.