GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP Games - Crikey"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/01/05 at 09:18
Regular
"Two year break!"
Still playing my DS (and very happy with it) - I'm still trying to hide away from the PSP as much as possible!!

Looks like the £180 price is looking quite likely at the moment. The main games right now haven't really done much for me but have just seen that Toca Race Driver 2 is expected to be released on it.

Damnit!!!

Can see me getting this for definite now. Will just have to have a BIG games clearout to justify it!
Wed 26/01/05 at 09:18
Regular
"Two year break!"
Still playing my DS (and very happy with it) - I'm still trying to hide away from the PSP as much as possible!!

Looks like the £180 price is looking quite likely at the moment. The main games right now haven't really done much for me but have just seen that Toca Race Driver 2 is expected to be released on it.

Damnit!!!

Can see me getting this for definite now. Will just have to have a BIG games clearout to justify it!
Wed 26/01/05 at 09:23
Regular
It is looking appealing - and I'll probably get one, but I'll wait for a price cut of sorts unless I can get one on the cheap somehow.
Wed 26/01/05 at 09:24
I'm just saving my money for the Xbox 2. The DS and PSP I can miss, at least for now.
Wed 26/01/05 at 09:41
Regular
I'm still undecided on the next generation of home machines. I'll most probably grab an Xbox 2 but as yet, we really know nothing about any of the new machines that makes them special and more desirable than the others.

Some EA bod reckons the PS3 will have 'more under the hood' than the Xbox 2. The Revolution, while remaining mysterious, is looking increasingly better, what with the confirmation of an Online network (finally).

Then there's this whole '3 flavours' of Xbox 2. If this does come about, I'll be going for the mid-range one - with the HDD. I don't need the max spec one so there's no point in the extra expense.

The next 18 Months are going to be very interesting.
Wed 26/01/05 at 09:49
ßulle†† wrote:
>
>
> Some EA bod reckons the PS3 will have 'more under the hood' than the
> Xbox 2.

That basically means that there's more to explore, so over time the games will improve technically. Much like games made over the PS2 from the past few years, from Bouncer all the way to Chaos Theory.

Somehow I don't see online Revolution as being the saviour for Nintendo; if the console has the game support and marketing, then it'll stay up there near the top, but won't supersede the other two.

As you said though, a lot still isn't known about all three consoles. I guess the PS3 is once again the safe option.
Wed 26/01/05 at 10:26
Regular
And don't Sony know it.
Wed 26/01/05 at 16:06
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> I'm just saving my money for the Xbox 2. The DS and PSP I can miss, at
> least for now.

Same here, except I might not get the Xbox 2. But i'm saving up for the next home consoles.
Wed 26/01/05 at 16:11
Regular
Tis out of Revolution and XBox 2 for me.

God knows I can't afford the time or money for both, I have a feeling if Nintendo get a decent line-up going for the launch then I'll be drawn back to Ninty.

As nice as PSP and DS look, I'll be waiting for some really big price drops before I even consider getting one.
Wed 26/01/05 at 16:13
Regular
"Two year break!"
Probably a sensible move.

I wish I had the same level of restraint!!
Thu 27/01/05 at 16:08
Regular
"I'm Great."
I think that by the time of each US release I'll have enough money to import one of them and seeing as some games get released there before here, that looks like a worthy investment. Again the question is which one. I'll wait until there is more information on each

As for the PSP. I am tempted but may wait until a UK price drop which will be later in the year I guess. One of the lecturers showed us their's and I was inpressed with it. Things can change though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.