GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP Games - Crikey"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/01/05 at 09:18
Regular
"Two year break!"
Still playing my DS (and very happy with it) - I'm still trying to hide away from the PSP as much as possible!!

Looks like the £180 price is looking quite likely at the moment. The main games right now haven't really done much for me but have just seen that Toca Race Driver 2 is expected to be released on it.

Damnit!!!

Can see me getting this for definite now. Will just have to have a BIG games clearout to justify it!
Sun 30/01/05 at 20:34
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Heh, I'm getting it for devil may cry, as they are making a new one for it.
Sun 30/01/05 at 15:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'd only be playing my PSP on long travels, as i don't travel much i wouldn't play it often so a 25 hour RPG game would not suit such a platform in my opinion. You may spend hours playing on your handheld console, personally i have a PS2 and a PC for long gaming stints. So for me and in my opinion (take special note of those 3 words) RPG's aren't suited well for a handheld
Sun 30/01/05 at 09:50
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Kawada wrote:
> Was going to get one for Makai Wars but as someone pointed out a while
> back Handhelds aren't the greatest format for a RPG to be on.

I take it you haven't played Dawn of Souls then?
Sat 29/01/05 at 16:50
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Was going to get one for Makai Wars but as someone pointed out a while
> back Handhelds aren't the greatest format for a RPG to be on.

Pokemon and Golden Sun says different.
Sat 29/01/05 at 13:58
I think I'll get all three; no, not because I'm filthy rich, but, just like this time, eventually I got all three to play the certain exclusive games on each console. Should be difficult to decide for the three, possibly two.

I think the Revolution controller will have a gyroscope built in by the way.
Sat 29/01/05 at 13:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Was going to get one for Makai Wars but as someone pointed out a while back Handhelds aren't the greatest format for a RPG to be on.

I'll just wait and see if any emulators come out and just get that instead. Only Makai Wars and Minna No Golf interest me and i already have Hot Shots Golf 4 on the PS2 anyway
Sat 29/01/05 at 00:32
Regular
Revolution will be my console of choice this time around. But then again anyone could have guess that.

PSP games do look nice, but there isn't any adventure, any innovation behind them.

Bar Wario Ware Nintendo are hardly showing off the DS' features that much either. Sure Nintendo are using them but not to the great effect they should be using.

Bring in four swords, animal crossing, Crystal Chronicles and Pokemon and then we might seem some quality touch screen, dual screen titles.

In the mean time enjoy the early war games. Nintendo hit first and hit hard and now Sony are making a few little punches with some impressive sales over the last few weeks in Japan.

Whilst Nintendo are still enjoying their monopoly on the American and European market.
Thu 27/01/05 at 17:46
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
PSP RRP = £150
Thu 27/01/05 at 16:22
"period drama"
Revoution is for me.
I fell in love with Ninty when I got my GC, and the thought of all those Nintendo games online is too tender to miss. Ninty could easily own the online market.

But I don't like these rumours about fancy-pants controllers.
There's no better way to control a game than with a (well, go figure) controller.

As for PSP. Nope.
Well, not just yet anyway. The music and movie things are void to me, the battery and loading times an issue, and the games not blowing me away.
Thu 27/01/05 at 16:08
Regular
"I'm Great."
I think that by the time of each US release I'll have enough money to import one of them and seeing as some games get released there before here, that looks like a worthy investment. Again the question is which one. I'll wait until there is more information on each

As for the PSP. I am tempted but may wait until a UK price drop which will be later in the year I guess. One of the lecturers showed us their's and I was inpressed with it. Things can change though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.