GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"C&VG - Taken over?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/08/04 at 14:52
"possibly impossible"
So, Teletext were saying that Future have taken over ownership of C&VG magazine and that they will suspend the mag for a while. Any truth?
Thu 26/08/04 at 00:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I also remember reading a little story about some people's experience with Everquest's free trial in CVG, which was absolutely wonderful.
Thu 26/08/04 at 00:28
Regular
"bit of a brain"
GamesTM is just a less opinionated version of Edge. Edge is mostly independant opinions on the games industry and such, and in depth looks at particular aspects of the industry. GamesTM is far more about the games, and is what all multiformat gaming mags should really be like.
NGC still makes me laugh though.
Thu 26/08/04 at 00:17
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I bought CVG #150 about 10 years ago. It had Rise of the Robots on the cover. Also, I had three letters printed in GamesMaster magazine (an apple for the bright spark who digs them out).
Wed 25/08/04 at 19:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
They do indeed. A great read.
Wed 25/08/04 at 19:30
Regular
Dennis do Custom PC?

I read that when I go to my friend's toilet... he won some sort of subscription at i17 last year.
Wed 25/08/04 at 19:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Shame that, Dennis do some good mags, most notably Custom PC.

Not that im saying Dennis is screwed or anything.
Wed 25/08/04 at 19:25
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Yob was ace..
i was a huge fan of Mean Machines when that started as well :)
Wed 25/08/04 at 15:59
Regular
I remember when I were a wee nipper and in C&VG they had a letters section with a guy called 'Yob'. The insults he used to dish out to the slack jawed freaks that wrote in had me in stitches.
Wed 25/08/04 at 15:50
Regular
"smile, it's free"
First time I saw that 'Games' mag I thought Edge had changed their name. It seems to be exactly the same style, but aimed more on individual games and less on the gaming indurstry as a whole.

As for the shelves beign littered with 'kiddy' mags... blame the fools who fill out the questionaires, and always say "I think more screenshots would improve the mag"
Wed 25/08/04 at 15:49
"possibly impossible"
GamesTM, Edge and that new Retro mag that seems to be only available in 3 places - all good magazines, though expensive.

C&VG though, that's an institution. It's been going for many years and certainly beats Gamesmaster for content. It'd be sad to see it leave.

Future seem to have the monopoly now on games mags. Scary stuff indeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.