GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memphis Wrestling"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 09:27
Regular
"..."
Umm, OK, saw this for the first time on The Wrestling Channel and all I can say is, I hope they got it cheap! The wrestling is awful, the commentators are shocking and the production is poor. It's the first thing I've seen on TWC that I can honestly say has no redeeming factors...

Anyone else have any thoughts?
Wed 01/09/04 at 12:57
Regular
"..."
Tazz wrote:
> Lucy-Jane wrote:
> Umm, so they got a bunch of washed up old has-been's. Is that
> supposed to impress me? Is Jerry Lawler taking up 40 minutes out of
> an hour show to feud with a commentator over a rolex watch supposed
> to impress me? Is Brian Lawler feuding with two masked jobbers
> supposed to impress me???
>
> Yes. And besides, an organization of washed up old has-beens far
> outweighs, in greatness, an organization of washed up old
> never-will-be's which is the current and ever increasing
> manifestation within the WWE today.

I wasn't ever comparing it to the WWE, as that really wouldn't be fair. But it is easily the poorest fed on TWC.
Sat 28/08/04 at 20:27
Regular
"Guess who..."
Lucy-Jane wrote:
> Umm, so they got a bunch of washed up old has-been's. Is that
> supposed to impress me? Is Jerry Lawler taking up 40 minutes out of
> an hour show to feud with a commentator over a rolex watch supposed
> to impress me? Is Brian Lawler feuding with two masked jobbers
> supposed to impress me???

Yes. And besides, an organization of washed up old has-beens far outweighs, in greatness, an organization of washed up old never-will-be's which is the current and ever increasing manifestation within the WWE today.
Sat 28/08/04 at 17:52
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
(_B-(I) wrote:
I wish Lucy would stop leaving herself logged in on MY computer...but all the below comments were mine...
Sat 28/08/04 at 17:52
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Tazz wrote:
> Nah, Memphis Wrestling is grand. I've been living here in Memphis for
> the past couple of weeks actually. I've seen a broadcast or two. It's
> a beast, we get it on UPN30. I'll be honest, it doesn't quite exceed
> expectations but hey, they got Viscera or "King Mable" now,
> Rocky Johnson, Jimmy Hart "the Mouth of the South" and, of
> course, Jerry Lawler still wrestles regularly.

Umm, so they got a bunch of washed up old has-been's. Is that supposed to impress me? Is Jerry Lawler taking up 40 minutes out of an hour show to feud with a commentator over a rolex watch supposed to impress me? Is Brian Lawler feuding with two masked jobbers supposed to impress me???
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:50
Regular
"Guess who..."
Nah, Memphis Wrestling is grand. I've been living here in Memphis for the past couple of weeks actually. I've seen a broadcast or two. It's a beast, we get it on UPN30. I'll be honest, it doesn't quite exceed expectations but hey, they got Viscera or "King Mable" now, Rocky Johnson, Jimmy Hart "the Mouth of the South" and, of course, Jerry Lawler still wrestles regularly. Heh, the audience is hardly a "sell-out" crowd but this business has some history. Lets not forget the late great Andy Kaufman. I'll probably be seeing a fair few live events during my stay, however long that will be. I came to the "wrestling capital" in hope of boosting my not-so-capitial 'career.' I think Memphis has had it's prime but y'know, the wrestling heart's still here.
Tue 24/08/04 at 16:19
Regular
"you've got a beard"
totally agree with the ex-cong about all that. Jakes character was so well thought out and every aspect of it was just right. I think a lot of early undertakers style was modelled on Jake, all the movements were slow and deliberate and if the other guy sold the reactions properly, it actually made for quite a believably sinister character.

I couldn't believe WWE could come up with anything for Raven though, that's ridiculous. the man has a lot of skill and is so "into" his character that the nuances are wonderful. for a so-called creative team to fail in their jobs so spectacularly beggared belief.
Tue 24/08/04 at 13:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Oh i wasn't bashing Jake's wrestling skills, he was one of the best to have graced the business but when you think of him you also think of the snake.
Tue 24/08/04 at 13:00
Regular
"..."
lalakersrule wrote:
> He didn't even have the parrot, the only reason to watch that useless
> fool and it's not around. It's like having Jake Roberts without the
> snake

Now...definetly don't agree with that! Jake Roberts was a phenomenal wrestler and one of the first guys to truly understand the power that in-ring psychology could bring to a match. He was amazing in the ring, without being overly athletic or having a good move-set, because every move, no in fact, every single movement he made had a reason behind it. The closest anyone has ever got to this level of psychological involvement is Raven, who surely modelled himself on Jake (right down to the finisher) he was also involving and genuinely scary when he wanted to be on the mic and all this in a time (Early 80s) when most WWF matches involved two fat immobile guys punching each other until one of them got the pin. My only regret for most of you guys is that you only saw Jake when he was past his best (early to mid 90s) due to his destructive lifestyle. Jake will always be one of the legends of the ring as far as I'm concerned.
Tue 24/08/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
He didn't even have the parrot, the only reason to watch that useless fool and it's not around. It's like having Jake Roberts without the snake
Tue 24/08/04 at 12:53
Regular
"..."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Watched it the other day, Koko B Ware doing an interview and some
> woman came out and he hit on her. 2 Minutes later i switched
> channels.
>
> Plus i've had basketball training in front of bigger crowds

Strangely enough, that's the effect Koko B Ware has always had on me. Especially during his WWF run in the early 80s. Giving a guy a parrot and a 'bird dance' is not only lame, it's insulting to every black guy who has ever been racially stereotyped...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.